PDA

View Full Version : Brownie: Early Hull Number Question

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I have a question for Allan Brown, or anyone else who might know:

Did all the early models share the same serialization, or did each model have it's own series of numbers?
In other words, was there for example, a a 16' Ski Sporter with a hull # of 16-180 as well as an 18' 2+3 with a hull number of 18-180?
To put it yet another way, does the hypothetical hull number of 18-180 mean it was the 180th 18 footer built, or the 180th Donzi built?

Eric

BERTRAM BOY
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
What Matty said.

boxy
07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
What Matty said.
Wow that doesn't happen very often, unless Matty says "Another Round !!" :D

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks, fellas. I was recalling the serial number practices of the guitar manufacturers, whereas a guitar would receive the next serial number as it passed that work station regardless of which model it was. I thought Donzi might have done it the same way.
It's nice to know there are that many old classics out there. Still plenty of hunting to be done!
I just wonder what percentage of these boats still exist. It's not hard to imagine that it would be higher for the classic Donzis than for most other boats. Chopping up a Donzi would be like crushing a Corvette. Not very likely to happen unless it was irrepairably torn up in an accident.

Eric

smoothie
07-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Wow that doesn't happen very often, unless Matty says "Another Round !!" :D
LOL!!!! :biggrin: