PDA

View Full Version : Help with 350 build

Monster Truck
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I want to build my own 350 for the 18 I will have in the future, I want it to be a pretty hot motor. What cam should I go with? I want it to idel like a rece motor but still be able to idle. what heads should I go with? intake/carb?

I going to put wiseco pistons in it, and roller rockers in the head thats all I have set right now.

Id like to keep it below 400hp but not by much. :boat:

mrfixxall
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I want to build my own 350 for the 18 I will have in the future, I want it to be a pretty hot motor. What cam should I go with? I want it to idel like a rece motor but still be able to idle. what heads should I go with? intake/carb?
I going to put wiseco pistons in it, and roller rockers in the head thats all I have set right now.
Id like to keep it below 400hp but not by much. :boat:

your block 4 bolt main?
if so have it zero decked and punchd 30 over and have the line hone checked..

I would go with srp/je pistons ,ross...ive too many peoblems with wiseco in the past..

i run 6.0'' oliver rods in my motor pricy but you can sure wing the hell out of it. a 6.0 rod will make the motor think it has a bgger cam then i actually does.

heads im runnung a set of 2.02 edlbroch rpm heads that have been flowed by wilson. and a rpm airgap..what ever heads you choose just make sure they dont flo over 220cc or you will be out of your 1500>5500 rpm power band.

and cams dont wayste your money on a roller hp to $ ratio you will only get mabe 15>20 hp increase over a flat tappit cam..

i use a comp cams xtreme marine cam and my little mouse pumps out 434hp at 5800 rpm but i had to retard the cam a bit to acheve that..

as for roller rockers,with my experance if you r running alunimum roller rockers dont get the cheep ones they fall apart,ive had thebest luck with comp cams ss rockers..their bullit proof and have a lifetime warranty..

so good luck and i hope this helps a little..

Monster Truck
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Did you blue print?

Hows the idel? canI see of vid of it runing? PLEASE!!

mrfixxall
07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Did you blue print?
Hows the idel? canI see of vid of it runing? PLEASE!!

the idle is lopy but crisp throttle response,,,i tried to get a girl to video tape me but she forgot how to zoom in on me and all you hear it my exhaust..

ill try to take a vid this monday,we are racing this weekend and wont have time to do it...

mabe tmdog will read this and he can video his,he's running the same cam..

and yes its been blue printed,ballanced etc etc,,,lets put it this way i got 6500 tied up just in the motor and got my parts at racers net prices...

Monster Truck
07-26-2006, 08:08 PM
That would be great Id like to here it start up idel for a bit then maybe run it up alil if you could get a vid that would be much apreciated.