PDA

View Full Version : drz.com

gcarter
07-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I love these new Daimler-Chrysler ads on TV.
Dr. Z has become a real hero. It's not often you find an engineer/business executive that's so versatile. He comes across so very well. He's actually funny.
Considering he was part of the Daimler Benz "take over crew", I understand he's extremely popular with the engineering and management staff, and now Dr. Zetsche has been appointed as Chairman.
www.askdrz.com

Morgan's Cloud
07-26-2006, 06:55 AM
George,

Is this the guy in the ad where he is asked a question by an owner cleaning his car and Dr Z shows up talking in dry germanic accent dressed in suit, then gets under car and nonchantly removes rear suspension ?

I think those are really funny !

gcarter
07-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah Steve, that's him.
He's about the size and height of John Wayne. And as I understand it, he's the guy behind the return of Chrysler to NASCAR. Always an amusing moment is when he attends a NASCAR race and congratulates the best placing Dodge driver. He gives that driver a big hug and the image of him next to a typical 5'-6" driver is a bit overwhelming.

OKII
07-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I love it!!!... as a sales manager and from a family that has been involved with Chrysler Corporation since the late sixties, we have seeen the ups, (and mostly downs) of the automobile business. When the merger took place back in '98 we were quite concerned what the true position was from our friends from across the pond. I personally have been impressed/ pleased with most of the decisions that hte larger corporation has done. (I couuld be picky but I won't on this thread.) At one point I felt D/C not marketing our products properly. I think they have heard this from dealers and have made changes. I really like the Ads and I think it (hope it!!) will do well for us to sell more of these>:convertib

gold-n-rod
07-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I think the ads are stupid and condescending.

Plus, his wife got busted for serving minors at a party.

I wonder how "Dr. Z" would answer that call:

"Hello, Dr. Z"

"Yeah, Doctor, I'm 16 and want to party. Is your wife home?"

"Ah, zat's a German ting, you vouldn't understand."

He's an azzhole.

synack
07-27-2006, 05:57 AM
I always thought that was a look alike actor in the commercials...

dr
07-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Although I can’t adequately describe why, I find the ads irritating….same goes for the Hardies ads…

gcarter
07-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the ads are stupid and condescending.
Plus, his wife got busted for serving minors at a party.
I wonder how "Dr. Z" would answer that call:
"Hello, Dr. Z"
"Yeah, Doctor, I'm 16 and want to party. Is your wife home?"
"Ah, zat's a German ting, you vouldn't understand."
He's an azzhole.
There are distinctive cultural differances (like it or not) between Euros and Americans. We were having dinner at one of the restaurants one night at Disney World. Next to us was a very large italian family. They wanted to order wine for all of them including the children. I thought the husband was going to get into fisticuffs with the waiter and restaurant manager. It got pretty exciting for a few minutes. Oh yeah, management won.
But think about all the CEO's that have tried to do TV ads. The two that come to mind are the former CEO of Chrysler and the electric shaver guy. I personally think Dr. Z does pretty good considering in addition to everything else, he has the English language to overcome.

BUIZILLA
07-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I like the guy.......

and the ad's....

he's a no nonsense-let's get down to business-state the facts-now move on

my kind of dude

JH

gold-n-rod
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
The two that come to mind are the former CEO of Chrysler and the electric shaver guy.

"If you can find a better car, buy it."

Wasn't that Lee Iacocca talking about the K-car?

Or not, my memory is fading now that I've hit 50. :bonk:

gcarter
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
"If you can find a better car, buy it."
Wasn't that Lee Iacocca talking about the K-car?
Or not, my memory is fading now that I've hit 50. :bonk:
Yeah it was Iacocca.....I couldn't remember it.