PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in new donzi decals?

cobra
07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I just got some NOS decals for my GT230 from ebay (the big black outlined brushed silver with flag and dolphin/lion logo). One's great, the other looks a bit crappy (glue on front paper has dried onto the decals) which got me on the hunt. I took it to a guy I've gotten other decals from and he thinks he can reproduce them. At this point I don't need them but I've seen so many people here asking about them I thought I'd inquire. If enough people are interested I'll have him give it a try and see how well they come out. It's gonna cost me a few bucks to try it and I have to hold off on installing one of mine to use as an original; so I gotta know there's a chance to recoup a few $. Guestimates put them @ about $100/pair, maybe less. He'd also be able to do them in different color combos which might be good for customizing. If I get enough positive replies I'll go for it!

techspecial
07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I gave a cheap decal company a try and what they said was mirror
was actually silver...I'd like to replace them with the real thing though...

cobra
07-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Yea, I've seen silver, gray, mirror, reflective, etc...., but not the right brushed looking ones. I'm working on getting the correct material 'cuz that'd rock.

BADABINGJR
07-25-2006, 06:20 PM
if they looked legit, i'd go for them

cobra
07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
After much searching I still can't find a supplier for the correct material. 3M discontinued it. I found a couple who sell something that should be the same (brushed chrome they call it), but they're not designed for outdoor use. I assume that for a boat that spends most of it's time under a cover they'd do ok, but don't know. There's also problems for printing; some can't be printed and others need specific processes. The whole thing gave me a head-ache. I haven't quit though.

Ryan23
07-28-2006, 07:10 AM
hello hello
is this thing on
try this
call Richard Weaver @ Weaver's Marine
(207) 636-2133
his material is excellent quality
they have the correct decals and their stuff is top notch

Have you spoken with Richard lately? I'm wondering if he is still making them? I tried to get in touch with him a few times during the morning/afternoon/night with no luck. Eventually I left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there else offering these?

Thanks,

Ryan

Marlin275
07-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Richard's decals are the best!
Just like Donzi made them.
I got mine 5 years ago and they still look new.
How do you beat that?

BADABINGJR
08-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I spoke with Richad today. He deals in the 4" and 5" decals. He never had the 3.5" ones that he refers to as the "brushed aluminum" look. He told me he wasn't sure if there was enough demand to cover the set up costs. He asked me to get an idea of who would be interested so he could decide if its make sense to get them made.

olredalert
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM
------Ryan,,,I just picked up the phone and got Richard on the first try. He did relate to me that he has had a very trying summer and that may have had something to do with a return call or two.........Bill S

Ryan23
08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
------Ryan,,,I just picked up the phone and got Richard on the first try. He did relate to me that he has had a very trying summer and that may have had something to do with a return call or two.........Bill S

Bill -
Since that post I've gotten ahold of him and now have a set of decals. Yeah, it sounds like he's been pretty busy this summer!

Thanks,

Ryan

Magicallbill
08-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Richard sent me the Brit/American Flag decals for my 67(Right Matt?)Ski Sporter. They are totally legit..The perfect finishing touch on a two-year restoration project.
Matty is right nothin's worse than incorrect or non-original-looking decals on a neat Donzi..

MB

coolhand
08-26-2006, 03:07 AM
How about a shot of the decals from Richard Weaver for us?

Ted Guldemond
08-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I know I could use two pair of the 3.5 inch brushed metal decals.