PDA

View Full Version : Unique 22 Classic ????

RedDog
07-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Unique to me anyway. Has anyone seen a dash like this before? It seemed to be OEM with a "Donzi 22 Classic" logo worked into the glove box door. I haven't seen this 22 before - It was tied up to local downtown restaurant / bar. Later when I saw it, I stopped but the folks must have been late to get somewhere - waved and continued on by...

RedDog
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
You weren't supposed to see that..
They weren't supposed to let it be photographed..
They're fired, please destroy the pics...

No wonder the folks didn't stop after their dinner - double naught secret I guess???

BUIZILLA
07-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I like the windshield.....

what's up with the dash??

signed: your friendly twinkie monster

Last Tango
07-23-2006, 07:53 PM
My goodness what an unusual idea! Actually putting the instruments up where you can actually see them while running without having to take your eyes completely away from the water and turning your head down and away. Oh, and a very usable storage space in a boat with none. My, my. No wonder it's super double top secret. Wouldn't want to actually ruin the classic look with a PRACTICAL and USABLE change. I applaud his sanity and clarity to make a very logical change to a sorely wanting problem.
Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Mr X
07-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I have seen them.......I will probably get in trouble for posting this one! :eek!:

boldts
07-24-2006, 08:48 AM
So, a prototype deck running around TN waterways? Whats up with that? If Donzi wants to debut a new look, they should bring it to a gathering where we can all give our expert opinions. LOL

Personally, I'm with Mark on this one. I think it is a good idea that for the average Classic owner is way over-due. Some may dis-agree, but like the saying goes, we all have opinions and we all have that bottom side hole. :)

RedDog
07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
So, a prototype deck running around TN waterways? Whats up with that? If Donzi wants to debut a new look...

I don't think this is a new-look prototype. I think it is a first look at something old? Check out the vents.

So Mr X - what year would this be?

BUIZILLA
07-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't think this is a new-look prototype. I think it is a first look at something old? Check out the vents. So Mr X - what year would this be?the vents might be a hint.. :wink:

Ranman
07-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Functional or not, that dash is fuggin ugly. Looks like a bass boat with a windshield. http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

gcarter
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Functional or not, that dash is fuggin ugly. Looks like a bass boat with a windshield. http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif
Well, I like it and ya know, opinions are like armpits, everyone on the board has at least two.
But I'd like it better if the hump were just on the drivers side, more of an asymetrical look, and a little less like a bass boat.:wink:

gcarter
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
So explain about the vents. I don't know much about 22C vents.

BUIZILLA
07-24-2006, 06:18 PM
George, my 18 and my Minx have the same vents...

JH

Lenny
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
So, 86-ish and the Teal deck, just prior to the changeover to OMC ?

Sagbay32
07-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Cool find! Part retro, part run of the mill family style dash.

So, was the dash style a prototype from the mid to late 80's?
If anything it seems to be another catagory to start keeping track of. And let's not forget about:

How many were produced?

Michael

RedDog
07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
So, 86-ish and the Teal deck, just prior to the changeover to OMC ?

ahhh Lenny - I see no teal deck. You on that Canadian brew?

If the Menu / Boat Registry button worked, we could do a little more investigation while the tighted-lipped curly dog and X man are holding back....

Last Tango
07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Ummmm... Am I the only one who believes the current owner, or perhaps a previous owner, made this change himself to resolve the issues I spoke of on page 1 of this thread? Do some folks actually believe this is a long forgotten prototype from the factory? Or am I missing the tongue-in-cheekness of those responses?:confused:

RedDog
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Ummmm... Am I the only one who believes the current owner, or perhaps a previous owner, made this change himself to resolve the issues I spoke of on page 1 of this thread? Do some folks actually believe this is a long forgotten prototype from the factory? Or am I missing the tongue-in-cheekness of those responses?:confused:

well it seems you are missing post #6

So what is the story?

Mr X
07-25-2006, 06:15 AM

I can assure you, post 1 and post 6 are 2 different boats.
They were both made at the factory.

RedDog
07-25-2006, 06:34 AM
And, RD what color do you see in post 6?? :D :D :D

perhaps I was on the Canadian brew myself...