PDA

View Full Version : My little girl is MARRIED!

Tony
07-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, our daughter got married on Friday and it was truly a remarkable experience. The service and reception were both outstanding, with nary a hitch in either (mostly thanks to my wife!).

The hardest part for me was the long walk down the aisle. My daughter was shaking like a leaf and I was also...filled with a variety of different emotions. But, my second son is a great kid and I was honored to pass Heidi's hand to him.

The pics below show Heidi and Chris, my wife and I bustin' a move, and my original son giving an awesome toast. The audience alternated between raucous laughter and full tears...it was very well done and made the old man proud.

During my speech I told this funny:

At your birth the nurse held you up and said, “Oooh, you look just like your daddy”. Unfortunately, I had to quickly point out to the nurse that she was holding Heidi upside down!

But the favorite part of my speech was when I said this:

My best advice to you, Chris, is to remember…You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

So...cheers to all of you (isn't cyberspace cool), and enjoy the pictures!

DAULEY
07-22-2006, 09:23 PM
congrats
next comes grandpa

Carl C
07-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Congratulations, Tony.:beer:

boldts
07-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Congratulations Tony and Sheri. They sure don't stay small for long do they? I've got a few years before my Daddy's girl gets to that point in life. Beautiful pictures of a day treasured by not only your daughter and her new husband, but also by her proud parents. Best wishes to everyone!

DONZI
07-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Congratulation's to your family ! :) Best of luck to the newlyweds !
It had to be quite a special day for you guy's.

Ken & Martha.

gcarter
07-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Tony!

Now according to the retirees I do business with here in Florida, kids (especially daughters) frequently move back home after getting married.
Enjoy the (semi) empty nest while you can!:wink:

need for speed
07-23-2006, 10:59 AM
congrats:yes: :yes:

CHACHI
07-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Tony, congrats to both you and Cherrie. I can't belive how thoughtful the woman was who atended the wedding to have her nail polish match your tie. How considerate. Ken

LKSD
07-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Congrats, & Good luck to them.. They make a nice looking couple.. :)

:) Jamie & Kristin..