PDA

View Full Version : Disrespected ..............

hardcrab
07-22-2006, 07:13 AM
recently, in the preformance section I was participating in discussion regarding dual battery mount locations.
another member either misread / didn't understand, or otherwise took exception to my suggestions. I wasn't unique in my opinions nor, was I stateing a viewpoint that was being argued.
I notice now that the other members negative posts have been deleted and my rep score went from 3 to 0. (other member has a 7)
while I am above trivial status rating ; I do find this members behavior to be vindictive, petty and childish . Not to mention misdirected as he attacked for reasons only he knows (?)

:confused:

SideshowRob
07-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I just read that thread and found your responses and opinions to be interesting and the other members remarks seemed quite unnecessary. I may have missed some of the original thread but what was there seemed like acceptable suggestions.

hardcrab
07-22-2006, 11:46 AM
thank you Rob,
I notice my mojo has been restored..............

My point being that if someone views this forum as a "click" or "good 'ole boys club", should handle personal differences with discretion IE: thru PM or e-mail.
I admit to being a smartass from time to time :yes: but, always in obvious jest and never malicious intent.

hardcrab
07-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Poodle,
earlier on, a post suggested too much time was being devoted to this topic , dissmissive of the value of the topic among other chatter.
(Again) early in the thread

RedDog
07-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Dang HC - I went back and looked at the thread and concluded you must be calling my posts childish and petty.

All I have to say to that is that you are one REALLY sensitive guy. :bonk:

hardcrab
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
It's not what ya said, it's what ya did. (that'll be the vindictive part)

hardcrab
07-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Well Poodle, it's real odd set of circumstances.

RedDog, words don't matter to me

Cuda
07-22-2006, 04:30 PM
What thread are we talking about?

chappy
07-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Dual battery thread in performance section posted by Moody Blu in an 18.

Rich

boldts
07-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Just a couple thoughts from an outsider on the subject.

HC - (I like your avitar 1st. That used to be my 69' H/M 18 Classic) I think a lot of times what is typed on a website might not always come through to others the way it was meant to be stated. Have you ever tried to express your thoughts to someone you've not had the pleasure of meeting yet and maybe all of a sudden, you get this nasty e-mail back stating your the most cruel or insensitive guy on earth? (On-line dating - what a learning experience)

I'm not sticking up for anyone or their thoughts expressed on this site, but I have met Tim(RedDog) at AOTH and he is a good guy from my viewpoint. My point here is only that I've seen this quite a few times in only my 6 years participating on this site. Big Grizzly still thinks I don't know a green apple from a red one, and he is usually right, but he has become one of my closest friends in the 6 years of AOTH. I would do anything in my power to help him and I know that thought is a two way street.

I haven't read the thread on the battery instalation because it wasn't something I had any experience with or planned to do myself anytime soon. I truly don't think anyone here participating wants to hurt or tell anyone else wrong ideas. Sometimes, yes, people make fun of things and if you don't actually know how that person thinks, their words can be mis-understood.

It's like me typing the words "I hate rain" You have no idea reading that what my tone of voice or emotions toward rain actually is. Like Richard(Donzigo) said, step back for a minute, hopefully continue to give us your views and experience. The word family is used frequently here. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of boaters who care what happens both in our boating lives and our family lives.

hardcrab
07-23-2006, 10:19 AM
This is my last time I'll address this subject;

First off- if you were to reread my original complaint, I don't mention any content of a post being the issue.
After the conversations on the first day of the thread I noticed that some less than positive discussion was deleted from the thread and my REP went from 3 to 0. That is what I considered unreasonable. I'll repeat, scores/status mean nothing to me, it was beyond polite behavior to go there though.
After having started this thread/complaint/rant , the REP score was restored (whoopie!)
Madpoodle has advised me this couldn't have been initiated by said party. It was truly ironic timing the way things unfolded.

I will consider this one of the stupid things that happen in life that shouldn't have been paid any attention in the first place.

Mr. RedDog : my humblest apologies for my language, I have no grudge, and please: you can say anything you want to me at any time- THAT WAS NOT MY GRIPE.

As for the rest of you: back to your originally scheduled programming.

PEACE

dr
07-23-2006, 01:11 PM
In the words of our Poet Laureate of the mid eighties; Sir Pee Wee Herman…"I know you are but what am I"