PDA

View Full Version : loose bravo 3

glashole
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
a friend of mine has a 23 RINKER with a 454 and a bravo3 drive

I was driving it the other day and the drive seems to have a ton of play while on plane

if you turn and straigten the boat out the back end may slide around because the drive will move approx. 10 degrees in either direction :eek!:

the steering wheel is tight and feels good and he replaced the steering cable and the drive still moves

any ideas what would cause this and how to fix it?

mrfixxall
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
thats the nature of the beaste,,my friend has a 23 openbow falcon (formulas low line 23' and under)it does the same thing....wanders around at lower plaining speeds...check the two bolts on the top of the gimbal ring and crank down on them,if that doesnt tighten it up then you have to replace the ring...to do that everything comes out,engine,drive and the housing...

glashole
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
thanks

I know they wonder a bit however this is almost scary

it feels like driving a car on ice :convertib

I was going to suggest to him if he was going to keep the boat for a bit to install hydraulic steering

mrfixxall
07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks
I know they wonder a bit however this is almost scary
it feels like driving a car on ice :convertib
I was going to suggest to him if he was going to keep the boat for a bit to install hydraulic steering

I just looked at a bravo bimball,the cust complained about the same thing,,,,the back side of the gimbal ring is cracked...look at your buddys,i loosened them first and noticed the hole backside was loose from being cracked...