PDA

View Full Version : Seat base mounts ?

Mr X
07-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I can't remeber, who has the best seat base mounts for the old style
18 classic? They bolt directly to the small box made into the floor of the boat.

gcarter
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Garelick. West carries them. I think they're about $150.00.

mrfixxall
07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
I can't remeber, who has the best seat base mounts for the old style
18 classic? They bolt directly to the small box made into the floor of the boat.

I think lenny made a super set of them,you mat want to contact him to see if he would make another set for you..

Dr. Dan
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
:bonk: I got Springfields... part no: 1100300 Trac-Lock II Slide - Universal is what it says on the Box... they are the New Replacements for the original Pot Metal ... going on 3 years on the newest Set.

Broke one taking Pearson's Girls little brother Romping in some nasty snot last year at the Lake George Fall picnic... my base turned into a rocking chair somewhere near Roger's Rock... interesting ride back to the docks to say the least.

But the replacement has worked fine...saw some serious water in Lake Michigan a few weeks ago... no issues yet.

Doc :crossfing

Mr X
07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks guy's !

Cuda
07-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I bought a set of front seats from PPI a few years ago, they asked if I wanted the sliders with it, and I said yes. I think they were Garelik, because they damn near doubled the price of the seats.:mad:

DonCig
07-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Ted, I have a set (2) of the Garelick seat sliders for this application that I will sell you at a very good price. Here is a previous post on this topic with the info on the Toggle boats.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39607&highlight=seat

Don

Mr X
07-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Thanks Don!

DickB
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
The referenced post was from me asking for a recommendation. I went with the Garelicks and they are going into their second season and working great. Because the locking mechanism is different that the OEM they interfere with removing the cover on the center storage bin in the floor. To fix this I cut the handles shorter and rethreaded the shafts (this will make sense if you see the mechanism). Others have installed the handles to the outside rather than the inside of the boat. Personally I didn't like that approach as it is a tight fit to get your hand in there for adjustment.

Ranman
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
The Garelicks are MUCH nicer than the Springfields. I've destroyed several sets of Springfields before I figured out the Garelicks were a direct replacement.

I mounted them so the adjustment handles are facing outboard. They are tricky to adjust, but I don't move them too often and I need to have quick access to my beer stash! :hyper:

Mr X
07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks Randy... :)

Dr. Dan
07-24-2006, 10:16 PM
:smash: Randy...whats the part number for the Garlicks...maybe I will try them on my new seats for next Season.

Doc of Seat Bustin Moves :eek!:

Ranman
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
:smash: Randy...whats the part number for the Garlicks...maybe I will try them on my new seats for next Season.
Doc of Seat Bustin Moves :eek!:

Doc,

I'm 99% sure its Garelick Part Number 75081. Tamburello can verify.

Speed-Racer
07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
These are the best I've seen, made by Garlick $40 for 2 of them, you have to love MARINE SURPLUS:shades:

DickB
07-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Doc,
I'm 99% sure its Garelick Part Number 75081. Tamburello can verify.

That's the part number I used.

DonCig
07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
These are the best I've seen, made by Garlick $40 for 2 of them, you have to love MARINE SURPLUS:shades:
Speed-Racer, where did you buy those, they look exactly like the old original Sprinfields that I took off because the mounting ears kept snapping off.
I loved the design, but I hated the poor quality of the cast bases.

Don

tamburello
07-26-2006, 08:47 PM
The Garelicks are the best that I have found. I have three seasons of beating the snot out of them on Lake Michigan with no sign of failure.

One note on the Garelicks, they are about 1" taller than the Springfields. The Garelick sliders are part no. 75081. www.garelick.com I ordered mine from iboats.com. They should bolt right on with the same hole pattern as your Springfields.

- Jeff

Ranman
07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
The Garelicks are the best that I have found. I have three seasons of beating the snot out of them on Lake Michigan with no sign of failure.
One note on the Garelicks, they are about 1" taller than the Springfields. The Garelick sliders are part no. 75081. www.garelick.com I ordered mine from iboats.com. They should bolt right on with the same hole pattern as your Springfields.
- Jeff

Jeff is right in that they are slightly taller, though I don't think it's even a full inch. There's no noticeable difference once installed. I do think the Garelicks have a tad more travel than the springfields as well. These sliders have solved all of my seat mounting issues and I am very happy with them.