PDA

View Full Version : 1200 mile tow - made it alive

notdaddys
07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
I just towed my boat the 1200 miles from MI to Florida, I posted a bit ago that I was going to try to sell it in MI, but I had a few incidents, so I decided to try and expose myself to a whole new world of boating for a bit. I'll sell it soon enough. Anyway, I've been looking for some places to visit this coming weekend. It looks like some people head out to Shell Island sometimes, and I saw there are some people gathering at ?Harris Lake? in a couple weeks. My boat is 21' and has never touched salt water. From what I hear, all I have to do is run freshwater through it for a bit after I am out in the saltwater. Any suggestions on places to take my Donzi out to. Is there a bay / island where a fun crowd hangs out. Ya know, where its ok to drink a few 'pops' (sodas to you southerners) :)

Tami

PS. I should probably mention I'll be keeping the boat in the St. Pete area, I'll be living in Lakeland though.

PPS. Anyone heard anything of Beer Can Island near Tampa?

DonziChick
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
You moved :( We should have gotten together more while you were in MI. Let me know when you move back!

Ranman
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Ah, that explains why we haven't seen you out in the bay! Have fun in your new venue.

gcarter
07-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Yep;
Come on up and visit us on the 6th. Lake Harris is an easy tow from the St Pete area, you might even be able to convoy with Budmann and Fishboy.
If you need directions, email me or PM me.

slownsx
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
wow, Lakeland thats where I live, have you checked out the chain of lakes yet? Maybe I'll see out there sometime, from Lakeland you can get to alot of good spots within a small drive.

rustnrot
07-20-2006, 10:09 PM
That's Cokes (for the South), Sodas are for the Northeast (so I have been told). I grew up in Popland, now live in Cokeland.