PDA

View Full Version : My First Donzi Project

coolhand
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a 1989 Ragazza 19, and am going through the 4.3L V6 OMC and have the top end off. I will be having the heads redone and am wondering what to do for a intake and carb setup, and what exhaust manifolds would be a good fit.
This project is a complete strip down of the hull and repaint. Total interior redone, and engine topend work.

Thanks from sunny Florida...Coolhand

Cuda
07-18-2006, 07:49 PM
You're not far from me, let me know when you're ready to run. Btw, I'll have an extra 350 ready to go here in a little while if you're interested in repowering. :)

Moody Blu'
07-19-2006, 12:21 AM
RUN!!!!! dont catch the cuda bug RUN!!!:bonk:

welcome and good luck!!

coolhand
07-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Wow I could of had a V8. Ummm what would it take to set that up?

Voice in my head says (Don't give in to the dark side...)

Cool

Cuda
07-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it will drop right in.

Audiofn
07-19-2006, 06:20 AM
More or less. You would need exhaust manifolds. Not sure if the motor mounts are in the same place but I think that they are.

Jon

Cuda
07-19-2006, 06:33 AM
I have exhaust manifolds available too. :)

coolhand
07-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Bigger, faster, more power...
Ok, I think I've caught the cuda bug. What can I take to get ride of it? JK...

I just spent some time going through the 4.3L V6 and its pooched. Looks like salt water got in after the head gasket blow out...cam shaft shows signs of breakup...both rear cylinders in the left and right bank have rust...motor is froze up. Thats really ashame...(trying not to show my evil grin)

I guess I might not have a choice but to put a new motor in...hummm let see...where can I get a new motor...

What are you wanting to get for the motor and exhaust? You can PM me if you like or call. 321-946-5769. Thanks for all the info guys. Of course it really needs to drop in with out hull mods lol. Hmmm, might be time for through hull exhaust...Any one for sure on the mounts?

:bonk:

Cuda
07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Bigger, faster, more power...
Ok, I think I've caught the cuda bug. What can I take to get ride of it? JK...
What are you wanting to get for the motor and exhaust? You can PM me if you like or call. 321-946-5769. Thanks for all the info guys. Of course it really needs to drop in with out hull mods lol. Any one for sure on the mounts?
:bonk:
Pm onesubdriver on the board, he did a v6 to v8 swap in a Regazza. Come on over and take a look at the engine and exhaust, and make me an offer.

coolhand
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Ok, sounds good. I PM'd onesubdrvr and will see what he had to do. Thanks.

mikev
07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
i have a 19' regazza as well you will have to redo your motor mounts the 350 mounts are 3" further forward and will not sit on the pads donzi has glassed in for the 4.3 you will have to glass in mounts or create extension brackets. I have talked to wayne "onesubdrvr" and his mounts were differnet i guess becuase its a 21' and maybe donzi had the option for a 350 in those. should be easy to do though and everything else bolts right up. you will need a bigger prop or change your gears in your drive though to handle the added HP. good luck I am going to do mine in another year or two the 4.3 still is running strong and $$$ are an issue right now too.

coolhand
07-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I just did some measurements and it looks like I have the engine mount pad which will accept a 3" forward remount. Check the picture.:crossfing

CH

http://www.lsluecke.com/mtr_mnt.jpg

BUIZILLA
07-19-2006, 02:41 PM
When I did my V6 to V8 repower on my 4Winns, I drilled a new hole for the front screw, and used the old front hole for the rear screw, then filled the original rear screw hole with silicone.

JH

onesubdrvr
07-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks Jim

my setup was different than that, but I'm sure what Buizilla said will work!!

best of luck!!

Wayne

coolhand
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
It looks like if I reuse the front hole as my rear, it would give me a 4.5" shift forward, does this sound like the right setup? Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome.

CH:shades: