PDA

View Full Version : 27ZR article in family and perf boating mag

zimm17
07-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Here's a nice write up on the 27ZR:

http://www.familyandperformanceboating.com/Cover.asp?ID=35

Does anyone have the actual magazine? I'd like to read the rest of the article- can anyone scan it or cut/paste the text?

I'm trying to get a price/options list as I want to order a new boat this fall.

ChromeGorilla
07-18-2006, 07:54 PM
The pricing in the article, again is totaly out of whack. if you are really interested, you need to contact Frank Civitano @ Typhoon Performance Marine. (Shangheid Again on the donzi boards....). He'll shoot you straight, he quoted me a price for a 27ZR and it was VERY nice. While not as low as the incorrect article, a SUPER value none the less. Another plus is he is right up the road in Joisey.

LKSD
07-19-2006, 09:22 AM
59K retail, Yeah right.... Must be hull only... Add $$ for an engine , interior etc... 59k My ass.. :D Jamie

Carl C
07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
I thought this would be a good place to re-post the flyer on the 27ZR. The standard equipment list is really impressive. BTW, Jamie, I've got mine on order for $59,000! :wink:

Shanghied Again
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
The pricing is way off we had a boat show special in Miami for $80,000 and that was with the 496/375 HP. Heck I wish the boat was that price we would be selling them left and right. I dont think you could buy the mold for that never mind the boat!
Maybe someone got the prices mixed up with a 22 Classic.
I informed Donzi about this article 2 months ago but it was already published. Hey in the last magazine of Boating they have my 38ZR at $289,000 thats funny because I am selling the boat for $304,000 someone must have forgot about the extra paint and options, I got a dozen phone calls for the price and one guy told me thats false advertising (I didn't give the Magazine the price) :confused:

LKSD
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought this would be a good place to re-post the flyer on the 27ZR. The standard equipment list is really impressive. BTW, Jamie, I've got mine on order for $59,000!

Ya gotta be kiddin... None of the lit I have seen shows figures to support it.. My wife made me inquire with the dist on it.. I agree, The factory base specs are pretty good from the sheets.. I just cant believe that anyones getting a new one without a trailer & a 496mag HO (not to be confused with a plain ho) for selling new for under 60k, even for a base model... The zx's in a 26 were more than that... If someone is lets let everyone know who the dealer is selling them that cheap... Its a deal everyone should take advantage of.. :) :) Hell, Id even splurge. Sell the 22 even though I just bought the new 22c all loaded up... I would upgrade the 27zr to the 500 or 525 though.. :) :) Something just seems too good to be true about this.... Jamie

LKSD
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
The pricing is way off we had a boat show special in Miami for $80,000 and that was with the 496/375 HP. Heck I wish the boat was that price we would be selling them left and right. I dont think you could buy the mold for that never mind the boat!
Maybe someone got the prices mixed up with a 22 Classic.
I informed Donzi about this article 2 months ago but it was already published. Hey in the last magazine of Boating they have my 38ZR at $289,000 thats funny because I am selling the boat for $304,000 someone must have forgot about the extra paint and options, I got a dozen phone calls for the price and one guy told me thats false advertising (I didn't give the Magazine the price) :confused:

Frank,
I feel for you.... Damn magazines.. Even if they recant the arcticle its a constant hassle to explain why a price difference..They should have done their homework especially with the first of a kind for something like the 27 ZR.
I thought something was fishy... All it takes is one bozo not looking at things the right way and puts up inaccurate info.. Then everyone else gets upset when they find out the real deal after hoping it was true.. Like as if its the dealers or salesmans fault... Oy....

I hope you are having a good summer... Jamie

Last Tango
07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Zimm17,
I'm sitting here with the magazine in my hand (I'm an enthusiatic subscriber for MANY years). The article you hyperlinked is the entire article except for a couple pictures (the ones in your link are almost the same as the ones in the mag) and the block with the basic specs and prices quoted verbatim. CarlC's post with the spec sheets is far more detailed.
I can't argue the pricing thing, and I feel bad for the dealers on this thread, but as is very common knowlege, DONZI prices and dealer prices are rarely the same for some reason. It is almost as if Donzi prints different price quotes for different regions of the country. Is shipping and commissioning part of the dealer MSRP? I dunno. But, I just paid $58,000 for a loaded '06 22ZX with aluminum trailer (Loadmaster dual axle, 4wl discs, radial tires, which was custom built specifically for this 22ZX - even factory stamped in the I-beams for my 22ZX) and custom graphics, and even several NLA options. So to see a 27ZX with zero options, base motor, and no trailer or delivery charges, etc. listed for just under $60 seems somehow doable. It can also be a $100k+ boat by the time you stop ticking off bigger motor, all the options, and a trailer and everything else, and have it shipped to your dealer in Wherethefugarewe.
The dealers chatting on this thread have every good reason to dispute those prices in the article. And I feel that those dealers who have posted are straight shooters and have the best interests of the board members at heart since they have been to many events, and even became dealers well after first being Donzi board members here.
I also want to point out that the author of the article, Josh Kaylor, is also the brand spanking new editor of this magazine, the magazine was moved from the West Coast to Tennessee, and without most of its staff, writers, and (judging from its thiness this month) advertisers. Josh is from a Hot Rodding background, not a boating background. He also wrote MOST of the articles in this months issue. He is new... to a LOT of things around here.
Enjoy the article, but it is not a tablet from the mountain top.

ChromeGorilla
07-20-2006, 01:18 AM
So Frank..... whats my donzi.net discount on that yellow 43ZR with the teague 900's ????? :yes: :wink: Of course i'll have a 05 22 to trade in..... :cool:

:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

Shanghied Again
07-20-2006, 11:02 AM
A 27 ZR coming from Florida cost me $2700 to NJ :boggled: Even if I go get the boat gas going down will cost me $487.50 one way never mind the tolls and stops I have to make 20 hours down and back so gas alone cost me $975 Tolls: $100 if I stay in a hotel $125.00 plus food and Insurance to bring a boat back its not worth the trip for me.

Carl C
07-20-2006, 11:08 AM
BTW, Jamie, I've got mine on order for $59,000! :wink: I said I ORDERED it, didn't say I was gonna get it.:crossfing List price is always higher than actual price. Same thing with cars, with a few exceptions where demand exceeds supply. This gives the dealer room to wheel and deal.

Last Tango
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Carl C,
Is the flyer you have posted above complete? Seems like the option list is a bit short. I have looked at ads for the 27ZR on the website, existing boats, and they have a lot more factory options than your flyer shows. Is there another page of options that wasn't included or sent to you?

Paddington
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Hmm that link got me to another boat no Donzi there now.

Carl C
08-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Carl C,
Is the flyer you have posted above complete? Seems like the option list is a bit short. I have looked at ads for the 27ZR on the website, existing boats, and they have a lot more factory options than your flyer shows. Is there another page of options that wasn't included or sent to you? TTBOMK it is complete. It may be an early edition though. A lot of equipment comes standard.:alligator