PDA

View Full Version : Force outboard ?

MOP
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
? about a 1992 120HP Force, my bud up here at 1K just had his gear case re sealed on his motor, now the T/T acts like the relief valve is slightly open. It will full cycle with a little help but bleeds down quick, worked fine up until the the work was done. We think the mech may haqve released it to do the job and did not tighten it back up, I looked and felt around the T/T unit but cannot find the vavle! Ant guidance appreciated.

Phil

apollo24
07-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Advice: Never go downriver in a boat with a Force outboard. :wink:

SideshowRob
07-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Friends don't let friends drive a Farce.
Or as my buddy would say "I'd rather see my sister in a whorehouse than a friend driving a Force"

mrfixxall
07-17-2006, 11:55 PM
you guys know why they maned it force..

Because after a few years your forced to sell it because you cant find parts and cant afford to fix it...:yes:

Cuda
07-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Advice: Never go downriver in a boat with a Force outboard. :wink:
Sound advice. When my dad was in the Navy, they had several small boats we could rent for $3 a day. Three of them had Evinrudes on them, and one had a Force. If we were unlucky enough to draw the Force, we spent much more time working on the motor than we did fishing, and my dad is the best mechanic I've ever known.

Barry Eller
07-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Force Outboards were originally Chrysler Outboards. They were also the motor/boat combo of BAYLINER.

I think Chrysler Outboards were originally Westbend?

The first boat I bought, was a 1975 16' Tahiti (Sidewinder copy) with a 105HP Chrysler. It was faster than the 115 hp OMC's, but would not run with the Mercurys. I ran the Chrysler 3 years, lots of repairs, and then bought a 150HP Black Max. Big difference.

LKSD
07-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Fu@KING - OLD - REPAINTED - CHRYSLER - ENGINE (force) :D

wrussellw
07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I used to have a 24' Party Barge with a Force 40hp on it. Basically a drinking platform the women used the restroom on and the men hung out on between sking and wave running. After about three year of very light use and good maintenance the thing self destructed.
Best thing about it....the way the boat was built nobody could see it hanging off the stern.
Second best thing...it was light enough it only took my son and I to toss it in the dumpster.

RedDog
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Dang -

MOP - I guess you need to ditch your friend for having a Force....

or help your friend to ditch the Force....

Lenny
07-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I used to have a 24' Party Barge with a Force 40hp on it. Basically a drinking platform the women used the restroom on and the men hung out on between sking and wave running. After about three year of very light use and good maintenance the thing self destructed.
Best thing about it....the way the boat was built nobody could see it hanging off the stern.
Second best thing...it was light enough it only took my son and I to toss it in the dumpster.

Great humor :yes: :D

Moody Blu'
07-19-2006, 10:46 PM
yea my dad had a 6hp on his sail boat it was a piece of shiiit i was always fixing it.....

MOP
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
I guess the "FORCE" is not with me! Still hanging up at 1K, man this is one beautiful place. I keep finding more great places to go, the Beast is running great and we are racking some miles.

Oh great Fuzzy one I still can't find the Stbd. HOLE:frown: