PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area???

Schaf
07-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Does anyone plan on having any events with in my region? Please let me know.
2004 22 Classic

Dr. Dan
07-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Shaf.... I am guessing due to the fact that 2 Guys from Chicago area came over to Whitehall, Michigan...and apparrently do so on a regular basis...that most of the "Gatherings" would be in Western Michigan... and or over in the Ohio Region.

Browse this Thread... which I am sure you have seen.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45608

:wink: I think alot of the guys go to Lake Cumberland, and to the surrounding Lakes in the Ohio Valley.

If you had some ideas for a local Chicago "Proper"...gathering...just post it and see what the response is... alot of the area guys might be interested getting together.

I travel quite a bit to attend alot of Events... and I am always amazed at how far people will Travel to a Donzi Gathering.

I would suggest you touch base with "Trueser" (Mike) and get his opinion on a local Chicago Event.... he is one of the regulars that escape to the Sandy Beaches of Western Michigan.

Good Luck... Keep us posted... I just got back from over 10 days over there... beautiful area.

Doc :wink:

Schaf
07-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok thanks Dan. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also please let me know of any meetings in south west MI. Thanks everyone.

Trueser
07-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Chicago area is tuff.

Chain of lakes is out of control. Rob has his 22zx @ boldknob marina

Lakefront downtown is very unfriendly to boating. Not too many places to pull up and only one restaurant to stop at and they charge 20.00 an hour dock fee.

I prefer the Michigan side nice people and nice boating.

Call me on my cell 7089128224 we can meet up.

Mike

Schaf
07-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree the chain is crazy. I only go up there on the weekdays. We just got our 04 anniversary 22. I haven't really take it out much. I'd like to do lake MI but I'd like to go out when its calm. Wish there was an event or something around here. I'd love to see some more 22's. Chicago power boat club is having a poker run next weekend. Not sure if I have enough boat to enter it.

DAULEY
07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
fun run winthrop harbor 2nd week in august

Avialanche
07-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm in for a Chicago boat gtg as well, i boat on Michigan most of the time, i agree on the Chain O Lakes being too crowded and the water being too shallow for people who don't know the waters of the chain.

Winthrop Harbor is a great place as a starting point for a GTG, easy generous parking, good launch ramps & docks, no fee's period!!, there's a few places that we can dock & eat at in Kenosha(20 Min from Winthrop Harbor), Racine(35 Min from Winthrop Harbor), Downtown Chicago is about a hour and a half ride from Winthrop Harbor at 35 MPH, distance is approx 50 miles.

I plan to go to the Air & Water Show from Winthrop Harbor to Downtown Chicago at the end of Aug, it's a really good Air Show that's performed over the Boaters, this could be another great gtg.
Note: best if you have a 22 foot or larger boat for Chicago boating due to all of the wake traffic from larger boats that could easily swamp a 16-18 footer.
Winthrop Harbor Area is not too bad for small boats, i see 14 to 18 foot Bass boats out there all the time, no probs.

I'm willing to put gtg together provided there's gonna be a decent turnout. I've setup gtg's for a truck club a few times, so this is nothing new for me except this one is on water and it revolves around boats instead:cool!: .

I'll wait to see how much interest there's before i'll plan anything, if anybody else has idea's or input, please post em.

Avia.

DAULEY
07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
check out offshoreonly.com

Avialanche
07-24-2006, 11:18 AM
check out offshoreonly.com

Went to the Site, obviously missed the Chicago Poker Run, i wouldn't have been able to keep up with the others speedwise anyways.

Avialanche
07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Anybody going to the Winthrop Harbor Fun Run July 29th at 10:30am/ It's being hosted by the Chicago Powerboat Club, there will be a cookout at the Winthrop Harbor Yacht Club and a fun run to either Racine or Milwaukee. Click here for link to site>http://cpc.clubexpress.com/