PDA

View Full Version : looking for info?

tk1004
07-15-2006, 11:53 PM
i have a z21 88' model...i am putting a procharger on it and need to put throw hull exhaust but i want to put it out the back not out the side....anybody out there has done this or any info would be great thanks

troy

mrfixxall
07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Are you going to use your existing y pipe for silent choice? from what i remember donzi used a s style pipe to bring the tips closer together at the transm between the molded in swim platforms.

EricG
07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
On the 21's, the swim platform goes all the way across, unlike the 25, 29, and 33. I've seen several of them with thru-hull straight out the back, but it exits right next to the raised portion in the middle - above the swim platform on each side. Not the greatest solution, but I think it's the only way you can do it without going out the sides...

I don't have any pictures..but here's a basic drawing of where I have seen the tips on others....

EG

tk1004
07-16-2006, 11:57 PM
i would like to put it one on each side of the donzi decal i have seen it done just cant remember were worried how to seal it up.......have to drill throw transom....then throw platform......it would be no big deal if it didnt have that open space...i will try to get pics

troy

jdsdls
07-17-2006, 06:24 AM
I had an 86 Z-21 that the tips came out under the hump in the swim platform. so you could not see them put you would hear it once you got up on plane.