PDA

View Full Version : Doing Donzi Justice

Carl C
07-15-2006, 09:52 PM
I beat up a 22 or 24' Baja yesterday (it was actually a good looking boat) and a 22C look-alike today. I even gave him a head start and passed him - had to really air it out though. Now I'm not bragging because my 22C is stock and there are lots of folks who have my number but I've still only been beat twice and the STV wasn't even fair!:) :boat:

Carl C
07-16-2006, 06:53 AM
OK I'm on the right forum now. Thanks MP.:)

Dr. Dan
07-16-2006, 08:54 AM
:bonk: Carl...sorry I don't understand the "STV"? Congrats on beating a Baja... now if ya actually travel to some real Events you can test your speed skils against 92 mile per hour Catch 22's, or 88 mph Grizzlies and from there it gets a bit more crowded... but I understand what you're saying...it's fun to be able to pull away from a fellow boater when ya know he is trying to "Pull You".

There is a member here who is infamous for doing spot racing in our area...kinda like a Junk Yard Dog running outta the Fenced in Yard at ya every time you would ride your bike past.... running is running.... racing is racing... but being a "Tool" to me is kinda irritating... I like the more understated method of just running strong... let everyone else figure out if they wanna compete.:eek!:

I know alot of smaller Classics(not Geo's he doesn't count) that could clean alot of clocks ... heck its fun to watch.

Sounds like you are having fun in the 22... now get your Towing Issues resolved and get to the East Coast... then I think you'll find things even more interesting....oh yeah we have Baja's here to... we have everything!

Lake Winnie is the end of the month...over a dozen 22 Classics run in that...come test your skills... its an awesome Event for the non timid! The Lake has a reputation for being a challenge on occassion.:smash:

Keep it Safe and Congrats on Your New Found Joy!

Doc :cool!:

Carl C
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks doc. I know you're a lot faster and sorry we didn't get a chance to run hard on Lake Michigan. Yeah, I've always liked racing other boats around our lake. We get a lot of nice machinery out there. The STV is a 18' outboard picklefork. This one would go 115 MPH. My towing issue is resolved - I'll limit my speed to 65 MPH.:)BTW the other boat that beat me was a 22C that is docked on the lake.

zimm17
07-17-2006, 06:08 AM
With the crowd I boat with, I've only beat one boat- and I don't think he was pushing it (40' sonic). But it is fun to go side by side with 38' Top Guns, 42' fountain's, Sunsations, etc. 72mph looks a bit slow compared to when they open 'em up.

Carl C
07-17-2006, 06:36 AM
With the crowd I boat with, I've only beat one boat- and I don't think he was pushing it (40' sonic). But it is fun to go side by side with 38' Top Guns, 42' fountain's, Sunsations, etc. 72mph looks a bit slow compared to when they open 'em up. Yup, I don't mind getting whupped by a worthy opponent but if that Baja had beaten me then a Pro-Charger would probably be on it's way now. Doc, I know what you mean by the junk yard dog types and that's not me. You can tell if someone wants to race or not and if they don't then that's cool and I just back off.:boat:

FISHIN SUCKS
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Congratulations on your Baja Beating Carl, you make us proud!:) There are a number of baja's on our lake as well and the ones that I have tangled with I have fared well. Don't get me wrong though, some of them can run. I look at it kind of like this, when you buy a cheap boat, you have more money to spend on motor:wink:

Doc Dan makes me proud though knowing that a King Cobra can like he does. Nothing like keeping the faith:yes: