07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Made in the late 60's.

Sagbay32
07-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Magnum

Michael

Bigbroadjumper
07-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes, I am in the process of restoring her. She is coming along slowly, but some day she will be as good as new.

Sagbay32
07-14-2006, 09:12 PM
I have never seen any pics of any others. I remembered seeing your post when you brought her home. Do you know how many were produced?

How about pics of any other Marauder?

Thanks
Michael

Bigbroadjumper
07-14-2006, 09:35 PM
I spoke with Brownie shortly after I got her and he told me they didn't produce very many. According to the Magnum site only about 20. I had wanted one for along time. I remember seeing one in North Miami in the late 60's and I searched the internet weekly in hopes that one still existed. I found this one on Ebay and was luckly enough to be the high bidder. I was very disapointed when I got to New York to find out that my idea of "perfect condition" was just a little different then the sellers. There was even a question about it being a Magnum because it was titled as a Sidewinder. With all the research I have done over the past three years I am sure that is not the case. When I had the rear seat redone the foam has the word Magnum in black magic marker printed on it. Browine also said he doubted that anyone would have copied it.

I have redone the seats, and repaired some chips and nicks and a crack in the dash. Next year I will have the rub rail replaced and some more stress cracks removed. (I think the last owner must have docked by sound. When he heard a crash or scrape he was close enough.)

I hope to have it done in time for the AOTH next year.

superhatz
07-14-2006, 11:02 PM
That's a great little boat........keep us posted.