PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Fuel Guage Problems

harry4
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Anyone have a suggestion on 2004 22 classic fuel guage problems? I have two '04 classics both fuel guages are stuck on full, I thought I was getting excellent fuel economies for some time. I am assuming that the sending units are stuck or fried, is there a better replacement for them than OEM ??? I know where they are located to remove and replace but before I do that I was wondering if this might be electrical? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Harry

DudeHoss
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I just got done writing the same post a minute ago about my 2006 22 classic. Whats the deal? I'm about to send mine to the shop so I'll let you know what they say.

txtaz
07-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Don't feel alone here fellas. There is a solution...Let me go find it.

The problem is the shape of the tank. Level is not an indication of the volume.

Da Taz <<-- Never had a boat with accurate fuel gauge BUT the new one will

Hey Livorsy is carrying the senders now...Cooolllll....http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/waterproof.htm

ChromeGorilla
07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
OK...... tank will read full until it's about 3/4 gone, at which time the gauge drops from full to about 1/2. So when the gauge reads half treat that as 1/4....... when gauge reads 1/4 , treat it as 1/8th. Furthest I have got out of a single tank is about 130 miles..... usually closer to 100 miles.

Donzigo
07-15-2006, 12:32 AM
The fuel gauge is actually designed to work exactly that way, so that the gauge reads from about 1/2 full to empty. That way, there is more range used between full & empty.