PDA

View Full Version : I had to bury an old friend today.

Carl C
07-13-2006, 08:38 AM
RIP T.Rex. You were my best dog yet. This dog quite possibly saved my life when he thwarted a break-in at my house last year by 2 young black men who were planning to hide and ambush me when I arrived home. I'll never forget this dog. He was 12 1/2 years old and died peacefully from old age.

Sofa King
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Sorry for your loss Carl. Always remember the good times. My red dobbie is will be 13 in April. Doggies are the best.

Arip

FOSTER
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear about losing your friend, Been there to many times very hard to go through. They say it gets easy after time, Not so sure I agree.
Bret.

Ed Donnelly
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Just remember the good times. Lost my Sharpei Dec/04 and still miss her.
Will never forget one night stopped at a red light, the meanest looking black gent pulls up beside me and says that is the ugliest dog I have ever seen
She is so ugly she is almost purdy......Ed

Sam
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Carl, so sorry to hear of your loss. If your anything like me it would be like losing a child................take care.

Sam

goatee
07-13-2006, 10:28 AM
i know how you feel man. it really sucks. i wasnt going to even mention this here but, the coincidence is too much.
i had a little friend who wasnt doing so good last night, but i thought i'd let him go till morning. reading this thread made me remember to check on him, and he is now swimming in that big aquarium in the sky. now of course i understand a fish is a fish, a dog is totaly different, but he was 10 years old. not too bad for a fish.
he was about an inch when i bought him almost 10 years ago.
died today around 1 foot long

txtaz
07-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear it Carl. I know what it's like. It sounds like he had a good and long life.

Now, time to go get a new little scamper and always remember Rex.

Da Taz

vonkamp
07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry for your loss, Carl. It's hard when you loose your pet, they are part of your family. It's been a few years since I lost my dog "Jake" and I still think about him.

Baron

Carl C
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks everybody, you guys are great. I still have 2 German
shepherds which helps (including the one in my avatar, Toby). I knew this was coming and I'm actually relieved that it is over and he died naturally so I didn't need to have him put down. goatee, what kind of fish did you have? I had oscars once and I swear those fish had personalities!:dolphin:

blueliner
07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
carl,

my wife and i lost our chocolate lab, jessie, of 14 1/2 years almost one year ago. it was like losing a child. people who aren't dog people don't understand the love and devotion of a dog, or any pet for that matter. i think about jessie everyday; and everyday i smile... wishing you the best during this trying time.

Carl C
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Blueliner.

22billyzx
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Lost my lab-retriever Dec. 19th of 05...i had him for 12 yrs. I cried for 2 days. I still look for him at times when i open the garage door. Best bud i ever had. Everyone tells me to get another dog.....maybe someday

maddad
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Real sorry about your loss. I gave Ellie an extra pat on the head and treat and thought about Rex.

Carl C
07-14-2006, 06:21 AM
Thanks again. 22billyzx, "get another dog!". You are not replacing the one you lost. The unchangable fact is that we outlive dogs. I now have 4 German Shepherds buried in my back yard. Yup, I've lived in the same house over 20 years.

Lenny
07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
The unchangable fact is that we outlive dogs. I now have 4 German Shepherds buried in my back yard. Yup, I've lived in the same house over 20 years.

I have lost 4 German Shepards now too Carl. I am on my 5th Shepard now. I would go get another Shep if I were you... :)

Carl C
07-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I have lost 4 German Shepards now too Carl. I am on my 5th Shepard now. I would go get another Shep if I were you... :) I've always had sheps too and am on #6. I have Toby and Sheeba now and will get another female pup to breed with Toby. I was thinking of switching to Golden Retrievers because they are easier but since my dogs saved me from home invaders I'll always have sheps now.:)

The Hedgehog
07-16-2006, 01:02 PM
That is a bad day. It sounds like he had a great life. One time after I lost one of mine I was so upset that I swore it would be a long time before I got another one. A few days later I went about 400 miles cross country to pick up another lab puppy. It helped me get over it a bunch.