PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to launch your boat!!!!!!

SilverBack
07-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I got this on email from a friend the other day. All of you TX boys look at the back glass.

Sofa King
07-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Trailering boats suck.

DonCig
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
oops!

txtaz
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
It's a good thing I have a degree from UT and A&M. I get along with everyone and can claim to be from the other school in cases like this.
Da taz

SilverBack
07-13-2006, 12:15 PM
GO Long Horns!!!

gcarter
07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Another version of the proverbial Aggie joke!!!!

txtaz
07-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Another version of the proverbial Aggie joke!!!!

Hey, I went to UT...Go Longhorns...

See it works...:)

Da Taz

P.S. Stang, where did you get that picture in your avitar? Those rigs are the kind of work I do and might know of the project or have worked on it.

P.S.S. Matty, UPS????United Postal Service or Uninterruptible Power Supply? I use FedEx and my UPS is only 2200VA. Ahaha. I knew you would get this one.

ChromeGorilla
07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
they do everything bigger in Texas even their &$#@! ups

Matty chiming in with another great zinger......:yes: LMAO

need for speed
07-13-2006, 06:29 PM
maybe its a chevy! can;t tell.. must be most can;t get up the ramp but i guess they go down well..:wink:

Mr X
07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Or your Jet Ski!
This is SALT WATER!!

BUIZILLA
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
maybe its a chevy! can;t tell.. must be most can;t get up the ramp but i guess they go down well..:wink:Hey Mr Cocky, wanna run that POS ego truck of yours for pink slips? you hook your 22 on yours, and i'll hook my 22 on mine?? 0-100 or top end, take your pick, bring your title... :yes: :yes: :yes:
JH

BUIZILLA
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
A) it is stock, never had the valve covers off... :)

B) enough of the Chromey GM jokes already, GM didn't make the tires.... unless of course, you accept the challenge..

JH

mrfixxall
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
maybe its a chevy! can;t tell.. must be most can;t get up the ramp but i guess they go down well..:wink:

Its a ford you can see those big adjustable mirrors...

Digger
07-14-2006, 08:49 AM
that almost happened to me once. (no, not in Jamestown, that was a controlled slide :)) I was pulling my former boat, a 29' Mach 1, out of Newport Harbor CA. Unfortunately the tide was low. I mean low, as in lower than MLLW. The bottom of the ramp was slick with bright green hairy slimy smelling seaweed/algae. It was either wait for the tide to come in or give it a shot... so I back the trailer in, load the boat, winch her up and hopped in the truck and breathed deep. It started to come out fine but as soon as the boats weight was transferred from the water to the trailer... the whole rig started to slide backwards. In moments like these a few things happen. One, the seat cushion starts going up my a$$. Two, while a moment ago there was nobody watching somehow a crowd has materialized on the patio bar next door. The rig stopped sliding and I set the brake and pondered my next move when a huge fat guy on the patio (excuse me... calorically challenged) gets witty and yells "yer gonna launch the truck!" ha ha ho ho hee hee. The problem I faced was twofold, namely the truck isn't 4wd and that boat/trailer combo just did not have enough tongue weight to give me much traction on the duals. At that moment I thought "thank god for fat people" and I yelled to the guy to come over and give me a hand. To his credit he came waddlling over with a couple of his buddies. I asked them to sit in the back of the truck. The two regular weight samaritans hop in and help jumbo over the tailgate, compressing my leaf springs another inch with a satisfying creak. So back in the cab for me and lo and behold she eased right up the ramp.

Schnook
07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Digger, you have a future in politics with your pc skills! I always put wheel chocks down. I may not look cool, but it's a little extra piece of mind in an always stressful time.

SilverBack
07-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Digger,

I have tears in my eyes after reading your post. (Now that is funny) Now I have another reson for being a little....plump????

Maybe you needed a really big woman with you if you don't like the wheel chock idea!!

SilverBack
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
TXTAZ,

That rig in my avatar is the Thunderhorse. It is shown when they had a valve malfunction and it almost sank. That is on a BP project. I am out in Garden Banks now. Finding oil so all of yall can keep running those big ole speed boats.

Who do you work with? Are you in exploration?

txtaz
07-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow, Small world. I did the BP Holstein project a few years back.

I do custom programming for dimensional control and engineering for TLP integration, deck float offs as well as just about everything. Too many to mention. I used to work for Gulf Marine Fab. (they built Bullwinkle) and now work on my own. I bailed when the French bought the company (Technip). Now it is a part of Gulf Island from your neck of the woods.

I'll PM my number, we should talk. BTW, Jefe is in the field also. Good guy and Captain of the Red Bikini Team

Da Taz
P.S. We built a deck and sent it to the Yucatan, they dropped it during in-field integration. It is now a 50 ton reef. That's why your avatar sparked my interest.

Team Jefe
07-16-2006, 09:45 PM
You know it would be an Aggie...still it looks like a ch-ev-ie to me.

TAZ...as of tomorrow I will be all the way downstream working on rebuilding the BP gasoline plant in Texas City. still the patch, just the other end of the spectrum.....

.....Oh, and I was working on Thunderhorse back when it was still Crazy Horse:wink: