PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform...

Tony
07-12-2006, 12:43 PM
This style of swim platform (porta-potty?) interests me...anybody know who carries them?

Pismo
07-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Dana marine makes nice brushed aluminum ones. Forget the wood, endless work, it does look very nice tho.

Injun Joe
07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Tony-

If you can't find them elsewhere, I could make the brackets in either stainless or aluminium for you... And I have a buddy that could make the steps out of teak. I have a 22 Bkackhawk to rough out the design with. Let me know, maybe we could work something out.

-Hoyt

Tony
07-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Joe, I've sent you a PM...look in the top right hand corner to open it.

xmpinc.com has nice looking tubular brackets, with what looks like the head of the thru bolt in the engine hatch and then threaded directly into the bracket. They don't make a double setup...offered to make it custom, but for some crazy money!

I would be able to create the teak myself, but want some nice tubular support brackets, either in stainless or red powdercoat. I'm not even completely sold on the idea and how it might affect the look/lines of the transom, but think it would be very nice as entry and exit from the boat, plus as an informal porta-potty if you know what I mean!

:beer:

Injun Joe
07-14-2006, 09:21 PM
I received/replied to your pm...

I am not sure if I want the steps back there either... Everytime my wife tries to use the tabs to climb on she slips off! I'm hoping she gets the hang of it!

-CH