PDA

View Full Version : BadabingJR..... this is for you my friend!

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the board.... now I have to perfect Avatar for you.... :yes: :yes:

Here ya go.....

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 03:35 PM
thanks CG... you know i've seen the term Avatar used on this board alot. didn't know what it meant. at least now i dont have to waste anymore time trying to find it on my boat

vonkamp
07-10-2006, 03:46 PM
now i dont have to waste anymore time trying to find it on my boat

LOL:rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

fastcat
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
VONKAMP
I see you have a '68 18 2+3 and you live in Green Cove Springs. So do we...sorta. We have a '68, (we think it'sa a '68) 18 2+3 V-Drive. We live in Fleming Island on Raggedy Point. How come I've never seen you running up and down the St. Johns?

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Vonkamp.... have I seen you at Outback Crabshack with the Donzi before??? i used to live in the Jax area.... just moved away in Oct.... hopin to move back...

vonkamp
07-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I was at the crabshack last summer with it a few times before the motor died on me. Now it's in my garage waiting on new motor. I'm changing the fuel tank as well while it's down.
Luv the Shak:beer: go there lots:wink: .

Fastcat- We live on Governors creek. Not far from you at all. I would love to see your boat. I'm the third dock on the right after the RR track. I have a Aquasport (The Marga-Rita) in the lift.

vonkamp
07-10-2006, 05:17 PM
This is my 68

vonkamp
07-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Well...That did not work:confused: I'll try again:bonk:

fastcat
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Here is a shot of my boat hanging on our lift and another at Black Creek. Last weekend we renovated the dash. My husband made new dash panels and we painted them to match the red stripe. The previous owner(s) had cut a lot of holes in the dash then covered them up with pieces of wood- none of which matched each other.
Here is a link to a few more shots.
http://www.pbase.com/catdriver64/donzi_classic_18

We are located on the St Johns a few docks south of Mocassin Slough. We have the Donzi up at the house- had problems this weekend with the engine dying so we are sorting that out. Hope to have it back on the lift this weekend.
Stop by anytime you're out on the river.
Gaye and Tom

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
You guys have a beautifull boat!

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I had a v drive once never again. Power robbing high maintenance sob. I think it was a pyradyne.

vonkamp
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Nice boat Fastcat! I think I have seen you before on Black Creek but I would have been in my Aquasport.

Okay here's some pics of my boat a few years ago- I have the deck removed right now for fuel tank replacement.

fastcat
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Great boat as well, vonkamp. Are the colors original?
Deck removal and tank replacement- I'm afraid we will be doing that someday soon. Based on what we poured out of the fuel filter Sunday, we seem to have sediment in our tank.
I'd love to see your boat with the deck off. Is the tank still in place?

vonkamp
07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Are the colors original?

No sombody painted it along the way but it looks pretty good (other than the purple stripe) so it's going to stay that way:yes: .

Tank is still in. Come by and check it out.

When you remove your deck, dont do it this way!!:bonk: :bonk:

BUIZILLA
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
No sombody painted it along the way but it looks pretty good (other than the purple stripe) so it's going to stay that way:yes: .
Tank is still in. Come by and check it out.
When you remove your deck, dont do it this way!!:bonk: :bonk:WOULD IT HAVE BEEN EASIER TO LOWER THE DRIVEWAY???

JH

vonkamp
07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I had actually removed it in the garage via a couple of hoists, but due to the fact that it was saturday and was several:beer: s into the job, I failed to realize that we could not roll boat out from under the deck:eek!:. So back on it went and we pulled it outside. My buds were like " how heavy can this be"? :superman:
We had the deck up on two 2x6s between four ladders. The 2x6s had about a 3 foot bend radius and thought for sure they would break before we got the deck set down on another trailer. I guess you would have had to been there, but funny at the time:yes:

Last Tango
07-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Fastcat,
So far there appears to be no photographic evidence of our side-by-side rendezvous at Whitey's on Saturday morning. Glad to hear it was was the fuel filter. Sad to hear that you may have to raise the deck. However, talk to Russ Kilby (red 16C) about "alternative methods for removing the deck" as he separated his on a bad wake landing on the run back from The Landing.

Haskells is suggesting the Greater Jacksonville Area Donzi owners get together Sunday evening, June 30th, for the opening weekend of Miami Vice.
If either you or vonkamp are interested in Joining us, e-mail me at Varyak@aol.com.