PDA

View Full Version : Tires

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 10:34 AM
hey guys,

i really appreciate all the help you guys selflessly offer to everyone and i wanted to be able to do something to show it. I own a relatively large tire distributng company in the NY-NJ area. we handle tires and wheels for pretty much everything; cars, light trucks, tractor trailers, retreading, eathmover/OTR, industrial, etc (boat trailers too, off course). I would be willing to help anyone out with their tire needs and offer maximum discounts to members. As long as the shipping is not an issue, it should work out nicely. Just PM with your questions/needs. Thanks again guys.

MOP
07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Very nice and thanks, a few will be checking their to see what the may need.

Phil

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I roll with A/T BFG's 285/75/16's ( The only FRENCH product I will buy since they have triple sidewalls and I get drunk alot and hit many curbs )
Last set I bought was $731 out da door wit road hazard ( i only used once :)
Did I get bent over?

Arip

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I roll with A/T BFG's 285/75/16's ( The only FRENCH product I will buy since they have triple sidewalls and I get drunk alot and hit many curbs )
Last set I bought was $731 out da door wit road hazard ( i only used once :)
Did I get bent over?
Arip

Nah, thats a fair retail price, especially if it includes mount, balance, road hazard and tax. btw, even though Michelin owns the BFGoodrich brand, alot of their stuff is made here and they employ quite a few people.

Coincidentally, the top man, Edouard Michelin, died last month in a mysterious boating accident in France. What a guy with more money than g-d was doing on a little 24 ft. fishing boat, I'll never know.

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 12:09 PM
They own Uniroyal too :eek!:

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes Michelin owns BFG and Uniroyal. Yes there are BFG plants, Uniroyal plants and Michelin plants in the US. Just FYI.... some of your BFG A/T's are littoraly made on the same manufacturing line as some Michelin tires..... :wink:

I have personally met Eduoard Michelin twice... very nice man. He will be missed.

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 02:09 PM
My dad told me during the occupation of France the Nazi's demanded the rubber formula from Michelin and the french told em they would burn the factory to the ground first, the nazi's reluctantly backed off.

Arip

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 03:33 PM
My dad told me during the occupation of France the Nazi's demanded the rubber formula from Michelin and the french told em they would burn the factory to the ground first, the nazi's reluctantly backed off.
Arip

the michelins have always been very secretive about their processes and products

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes Michelin owns BFG and Uniroyal. Yes there are BFG plants, Uniroyal plants and Michelin plants in the US. Just FYI.... some of your BFG A/T's are littoraly made on the same manufacturing line as some Michelin tires..... :wink:

I have personally met Eduoard Michelin twice... very nice man. He will be missed.

I met him as well, he was a great guy. The whole thing just sucks. Anyway, how did you get to meet him? Oh, wait, I see you live in Greenville, chances are you work at Michelin, no?

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Yes I work for BIB. :cool:

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes I work for BIB. :cool:

what dept do you work in?

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I believe he works in the truck tires traction testing department.. :D :D :D
Hey, is BFG ever coming out with a 35/12.50 x 18 LRE All Terrain?? My conticraps are about to hit the dumpster, hate to buy toyo's.....

seems all they've got at the moment is an 8 PLY LR "D" in the MUD TERRAIN

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/mud_terrain_ta_km.pdf

ChromeGorilla
07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I believe he works in the truck tires traction testing department.. :D :D :D

bastard! :uzi: :D It's those piece o'crap bridgestones I need to get rid of.....

Bigbroadjumper
07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
It looks like I will need to replace the tires on my trailer. Can you give me an idea what I am looking at?

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Badabing, U ever hear of Remington? I had a set of there mud bruts on an old F350 that I took to the dump all the time. Great tire.

Arip

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Badabing, U ever hear of Remington? I had a set of there mud bruts on an old F350 that I took to the dump all the time. Great tire.
Arip

Remington is (was?) a private brand of Dunlop Tire. Dunlop is now owned by Goodyear. Not sure if they still make the brand. I can check in the morning if you are interested.

BADABINGJR
07-10-2006, 08:02 PM
It looks like I will need to replace the tires on my trailer. Can you give me an idea what I am looking at?

I'll check for ya in the A.M.

22zxla
07-10-2006, 10:02 PM
First off welcome to the registry ! Althought im quite new to it as well, I really enjoy this site as the people are so friendly and helpful. If i lived closer i would take you up on your generous offer, but im way down in the big easy. however , got a quick tire question. Have a gmc 2500hd with 245/75/16 that look rediculously small. Saw most people went with the 185/75/16 aftermarket and was ready to pull trigger on same. Was looking at bridestone revos or the new goodyear silent armor wranglers . What are your thoughts on these , and whats a good deal? thanks in advance.

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Badabing, Can u get wheels to? I'm building two suburbans 3/4 tons as soon as the duramax comes out in a month or two. I'm going with 40" Toyos 22X12.
I heard they are quieter and last longer than Nitto, not to mention a few bucks cheaper. Just wonder if it is cost effective with shipping. They want about $550/tire. U can't get suspensions lifts ( Full Throttle ) can u?

Arip

BADABINGJR
07-11-2006, 10:30 AM

around $100 - $110 each installed is a good deal.

BADABINGJR
07-11-2006, 10:38 AM
First off welcome to the registry ! Althought im quite new to it as well, I really enjoy this site as the people are so friendly and helpful. If i lived closer i would take you up on your generous offer, but im way down in the big easy. however , got a quick tire question. Have a gmc 2500hd with 245/75/16 that look rediculously small. Saw most people went with the 185/75/16 aftermarket and was ready to pull trigger on same. Was looking at bridestone revos or the new goodyear silent armor wranglers . What are your thoughts on these , and whats a good deal? thanks in advance.

I personally don't like Goodyear and Bridgestone but that's probably more b/c of my experiences dealing with them than the quality of the products. There are very few "bad" tires made today, it all depends on your application and the features that are important to you. If it's between GDY and BST, the I would say BST, I really don't believe Goodyear makes a good product.

BADABINGJR
07-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Badabing, Can u get wheels to? I'm building two suburbans 3/4 tons as soon as the duramax comes out in a month or two. I'm going with 40" Toyos 22X12.
I heard they are quieter and last longer than Nitto, not to mention a few bucks cheaper. Just wonder if it is cost effective with shipping. They want about $550/tire. U can't get suspensions lifts ( Full Throttle ) can u?
Arip

We can get them but I would stay away from that in this situation, you never get the right fit the first time and shipping back and forth would become too costly. what size toyo are you looking for.

Sofa King
07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll need 8 Moto Metal 950 wheels 22"x11" and 8 Toyo M/T 40/15.5 22.

TY
Arip

22zxla
07-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the reply! The reason i was looking at those two were most feedback said they were quite tires. What im looking for is an aggressive tire that is road quite, I would be open to your suggestions. Price isnt the issue so tell me your opion on a good tire, thanks!

BADABINGJR
07-13-2006, 02:36 PM
I'll need 8 Moto Metal 950 wheels 22"x11" and 8 Toyo M/T 40/15.5 22.
TY
Arip

i don't handle that brand of wheels but i can get the tires. they would be between $650 and $700 plus the shipping. i don't really deal in those kinds of sizes normally so clearly i am not getting the right price.

BADABINGJR
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the reply! The reason i was looking at those two were most feedback said they were quite tires. What im looking for is an aggressive tire that is road quite, I would be open to your suggestions. Price isnt the issue so tell me your opion on a good tire, thanks!

On the more quiet side, I prefer the Michelin LTX or the BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A. More aggressive is the BFG ALL-TERRAIN KO.

Sofa King
07-13-2006, 11:23 PM
LOL, I'll get em from my local RETAILER @ $550.

Bend over i'll drive
Arip

PS TY fer Nuttin big Yankee talker. Iffin u WOULD'VE hooked me up I would hook U up at COST. I Own a chain of furniture stores. :wink:

Too late so sorry
Arip

Talkee talkee talkee... No more talkee!

Sofa King
07-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Attn Administrators! Please Watch The Spam!

ChromeGorilla
07-14-2006, 02:21 PM
There is no way this dude owns a business...... $20 says he's like 17. Or his alias is lilduece/aleagles..............:yes: :yes: :yes: :wink: :D :D

Sofa King
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL at y'all. I happen to like my crack pipe, kegorator and percocets so.....LAY OFF! Now shall I have a bottle of Cakebread, Duckhorn or Three Rivers wit my Ribeye.
I laff at da youngin' u call chrome monkey :)

Arip

Sofa King
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
or lemme be PC and refer to him as da Brass Monkey.

Beastie Boys

Sofa King
07-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Brass Monkey, drop me a line when your in da ATX and i'll show u how da udder half lives, my treat youngin' :wink:

Arip

Sofa King
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
There is no way this dude owns a business...... $20 says he's like 17. Or his alias is lilduece/aleagles..............

STFU U Tart. Uncle Sam and myself keep U in pampers....and they aint cheap!

Arip

Sofa King
07-14-2006, 11:28 PM
MP, Like mama said, iffin u don't have nuttin nice to say don't say nuttin at all. :wink:

Arip
PS, Some dumb **** prolly PM'ed him and talked smack bout me like dock master LOL

Arip

olredalert
07-15-2006, 08:31 AM
--------Arownowrip,,,I have never in 6 years hanging around this site ever deleted anyone or thier posts. I dont even know how, but Im going to figure it out because of the constant total irratation you bring me,,,,,Farewell.........Bill S

BADABINGJR
07-20-2006, 07:13 AM
There is no way this dude owns a business...... $20 says he's like 17. Or his alias is lilduece/aleagles..............:yes: :yes: :yes: :wink: :D :D

typical of a michelin employee, you have no idea what it takes to run a business. and just like a michelin employee, you clearly spend more time screwing off on this website than doing your job. those who work in the crystal palace shouldn't throw stones....

BADABINGJR
07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
MP, Like mama said, iffin u don't have nuttin nice to say don't say nuttin at all. :wink:
Arip
PS, Some dumb **** prolly PM'ed him and talked smack bout me like dock master LOL
Arip

seriously dude, you're not that popular that everyone's talking about you. sorry about the tires, but up here in the land of the yanks, we haven't got too many beer guzzling yahoo's riding around in their monster pickup trucks with their daddy's shotguns across their laps, so we don't really get too much call for those kinds of tires......... sure am sorry i'm gonna miss out on that furniture thing though......aahh, just as well, up here in nyc, we aint got no room for furniture anyway.

Team Jefe
07-20-2006, 07:24 AM
DAAAAAAMN CG...you hook this guy up with a smokin' avatar and to say thanks, he rips you and sides with Aro-Hole.....too bad I'll be off the net for a few days, I'd like to watch this one play out.

Team Jefe
07-20-2006, 07:27 AM
seriously dude, you're not that popular that everyone's talking about you.

NYC messin' with all players.....popcorn's a poppin'

Tidbart
07-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey Badabing
What do think of the Mich LTX vs the Mich Cross Terrain for a Tundra in Florida?

I am familiar with the LTX, not the X Terrain.

Thanks, Bob

BADABINGJR
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
the cross terrain is a new tire marketed by michelin. its geared more towards luxury suv/pick ups and is a quieter softer riding tire. the ltx m/s is more geared towards working vehicles and is better in mud and snow and loose terrain. they are both very good, its just depends on which aspects are most important to you. fyi - i just put cross terrains on my 2000 f-150, i do mostly highway driving and wanted it to ride less like a truck.

ChromeGorilla
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Jeez....I need to duck for cover! LOL. Badabingjr..... my comment on owning ones own business was directed at Aronowrip..... not you.....lol:bonk: I assume you thought I was commenting on you..... not the case.... specificaly , I was refering to post #29.

Man.....so what do you really think about Michelin and it's employees :eek!: ..... and BTW we can't access this site at work...plus I 100% don't even have the time to even think about screwing of on the computer....

BADABINGJR
07-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Jeez....I need to duck for cover! LOL. Badabingjr..... my comment on owning ones own business was directed at Aronowrip..... not you.....lol:bonk: I assume you thought I was commenting on you..... not the case.... specificaly , I was refering to post #29.
Man.....so what do you really think about Michelin and it's employees :eek!: ..... and BTW we can't access this site at work...plus I 100% don't even have the time to even think about screwing of on the computer....

my apologies CG......believe it or not, of all the rubber companies, Michelin is my favorite to deal with, couldn't you tell... :hyper: :hyper: anyway, i was just projecting my experiences with some fams and rms (fleet account managers and regional managers, for you laymans) who hide at home all day "doing paperwork" instead of calling on customers. sorry bout that. fer sure i figured you'd know i was legit with my reference to the crystal palace. sorry i went right to defcon 1

Walt. H.
07-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Badabing,

If the offer still stands considering some of the rif thrown your way, i'd like to take you up on your offer.

First off where are you in NY. hopefully not to far time wise from me, i'm located about 2 hr's north of NYC near Kingston, NY. off the NYS Thruway exit 19.
I'm currently close to the legal wear limits of my BF Goodrich LT285 X 70R - 17 Mud Terrain's, and I would like to stay with the same brand and size tire but switch back to "AT" All terrain instead.

So now the question is what is the availability and price for four of these big guy's? :crossfing
I'm also open to other suggestion's regarding a narrower width as long as the height is about the same outside diameter.

If you need more info from me, here's my e-mail addy incase a phone call would simplify things?
E-mail your business ph,# and the best time to call along with who to ask for, if that's better for you for a quick question & answer conversation, I guess sometime after this weekend...

Thanks,
Walt. E-mail at > walriengineering@aol.com

Dr. Dan
07-22-2006, 08:39 AM
:smash: Bada... Welcome... learning to duck is part of the charm... here... on occassion.

Whats your Opinion on the Goodyear Fortera P265/70R17 113 T Triple Tred VSBTL? I like the newer tread design...it's supposed to be pretty state of the art technology in terms of Highway and Water Displacement ability at speed...my 2002 Z-71 Suburban sees only serious highway miles it just turned 207,000 miles yesterday... my first set of Goodyear Wranglers went 97,000 miles BTW... I also had Michelin LTX or Whatever... I actually have them on our 1997 4 Runner.. great Tire.

Thanks In Advance

Doc :wink:

BADABINGJR
07-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Badabing,
If the offer still stands considering some of the rif thrown your way, i'd like to take you up on your offer.
First off where are you in NY. hopefully not to far time wise from me, i'm located about 2 hr's north of NYC near Kingston, NY. off the NYS Thruway exit 19.
I'm currently close to the legal wear limits of my BF Goodrich LT285 X 70R - 17 Mud Terrain's, and I would like to stay with the same brand and size tire but switch back to "AT" All terrain instead.
So now the question is what is the availability and price for four of these big guy's? :crossfing
I'm also open to other suggestion's regarding a narrower width as long as the height is about the same outside diameter.
If you need more info from me, here's my e-mail addy incase a phone call would simplify things?
E-mail your business ph,# and the best time to call along with who to ask for, if that's better for you for a quick question & answer conversation, I guess sometime after this weekend...
Thanks,
Walt. E-mail at > walriengineering@aol.com

We have a location not too far away from you in Wappingers Falls, NY. The ALL-TERRAINS are available. You could have them for about $165. I wouldn't make any recommendations about changing sizes without seeing the vehicle

BADABINGJR
07-22-2006, 09:52 AM
:smash: Bada... Welcome... learning to duck is part of the charm... here... on occassion.
Whats your Opinion on the Goodyear Fortera P265/70R17 113 T Triple Tred VSBTL? I like the newer tread design...it's supposed to be pretty state of the art technology in terms of Highway and Water Displacement ability at speed...my 2002 Z-71 Suburban sees only serious highway miles it just turned 207,000 miles yesterday... my first set of Goodyear Wranglers went 97,000 miles BTW... I also had Michelin LTX or Whatever... I actually have them on our 1997 4 Runner.. great Tire.
Thanks In Advance
Doc :wink:

I have never been a big fan of goodyear, but that is not to say they don't make a good product. The triple tred has received some very good ratings in terms of overall ride and handling. It did not keep up though in wet and dry braking capabilities. Overall, I'd say its a decision between the GDY and the Michelin Cross Terrain

Walt. H.
07-23-2006, 01:36 AM
We have a location not too far away from you in Wappingers Falls, NY. The ALL-TERRAINS are available. You could have them for about $165. I wouldn't make any recommendations about changing sizes without seeing the vehicle

That definitely sounds good to me and so does the location, does that include everything?. Is that location north :crossfing or south of Wappingers? And it's just a trip over the Poughkeepsie bridge and go south on Route 9 for me, about an hr from my home.
The third week in Aug or around there sound good for you, and now i'll need all the contact info: who, what, when, and an appointment time when the calendar date gets closer.

Oh Yeah,
2001 1500 Dodge Ram Sport with the offroad package 360/5.9 and 4:10 gears.
What I ment was recommendation's such as: 33 X 12.5 are the same height the LT285X70R-17

Did I say Dodge's sucks on gas??:bonk: :yes:

Sofa King
07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Walt, Check with Sams Club. Last time I saw BFG 285/75/16's A/T KO's they were $152.

I'm just sayin
Arip

Walt. H.
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Ass.Rip,thanks----

but?
Can't use R75/ 16's there not the same.
Read carefully LT-285 X 70R - 17

LMAO,
WH

Sofa King
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
What kinda truck do u have Walt?

Sofa King
07-23-2006, 11:21 PM
BTW, I think Goodyear makes the finest sportcar tire out there...eagles, unless things changed recently.

Sofa King
07-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I bet Walt drives a Ford LOL!

ChromeGorilla
07-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Considering he posted

..... like a cancerous growth.........:(

Walt. H.
07-24-2006, 12:21 AM
A.Rip,

You're not trying to help me you're just trying to aggravate Badabing Jr even though I see you have edited your two earlier posts to me regarding comments to p.us off.
You do aggravate people and your post history seem to substantiate that!

I see that you can spell correctly but why is it that your reading comprehension and your ability for numbers come up short?

For every question you have asked so far the answer was already listed on a previous post.

Thanks for your attempted assistance, but I hope you forgo any future attempts.

Sofa King
07-24-2006, 12:26 AM
So sorry to hear that after being a fleet mgr for Dodge 12 years ago their tranny is worth about 75 k and there front end sucks. Interior holds up no where as good as a Chevy. My 99 Z71 is turning 120k and I still have the original front pads on and A/C blows COLD and tranny pulls my 22 with trailer at 5k # no problema. I lub my Chebby.

I'm just sayin'
Arip

BADABINGJR
07-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Ass.Rip,thanks----
but?
Can't use R75/ 16's there not the same.
Read carefully LT-285 X 70R - 17
LMAO,
WH

i'd love to see the fleet manager mount some 16" tires on 17" wheels.....just stand back........boom!!!

BADABINGJR
07-24-2006, 09:19 AM
That definitely sounds good to me and so does the location, does that include everything?. Is that location north :crossfing or south of Wappingers? And it's just a trip over the Poughkeepsie bridge and go south on Route 9 for me, about an hr from my home.
The third week in Aug or around there sound good for you, and now i'll need all the contact info: who, what, when, and an appointment time when the calendar date gets closer.
Oh Yeah,
What I ment was recommendation's such as: 33 X 12.5 are the same height the LT285X70R-17
Did I say Dodge's sucks on gas??:bonk: :yes:

Its right in wappingers, 1243 Route 9 to be exact. that includes everything except tax. just send me a pm or a post when we get closer to go time and i'll arrange it.

Walt. H.
07-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Its right in wappingers, 1243 Route 9 to be exact. that includes everything except tax. just send me a pm or a post when we get closer to go time and i'll arrange it.
Excellent will do and thanks, but just incase because from time to time my computer goes out on the blink every now and then due to my teenage daughter, would you e-mail me your name & business ph,# and the name of the shop in Wappingers Falls so I can call you just incase this access is lost.

Thank you,
Walt

Walt. H.
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
OK BadaBing,

Its tire time as I promised I would be in touch, would you please send me that contact info I need from you for the above info.
If possible would this coming friday be good? 9/1/06

Thanks,
Walt
e-mail me at = walriengineering@aol.com

barrukis1
08-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I thought Arip was a gas czar...??????:bonk: