PDA

View Full Version : One for you old timers to enjoy.....

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I pulled this off a junk pile and brought it home. A little Blechee White and some Armor All made it look like new.

I'm going to hang it on my garage wall in honor of all its brothers that I toasted back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: My wife thinks I am absolutely nucking futs!!

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm gonna have a set of repro red stripes heading to the dumpster shortly.. I could UPS ya one for the collection :) :)

I'd take an original. This Wide Oval is the real McCoy, not a pop!!

BUIZILLA
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I believe the ONLY car that ever used an A70-13 was a Vega, or Cosworth Vega....

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I believe the ONLY car that ever used an A70-13 was a Vega, or Cosworth Vega....

Good eyes, Buizilla!!! I'd say the Vega GT, but not the Cosworth. They had radials and the WO was a bias tire. There may have been some performance packages on the Pinto that included the WO, but I'm not sure.

:wavey:

BUIZILLA
07-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure those tires, and the plastic steering wheels, were the only thing on those Vega's that didn't rust.......

JH

Walt. H.
07-09-2006, 09:27 PM
To bad it wasn't mounted on a rim you could have said for snits and giggles that it had the original air to boot:hyper: !!!!!!!!!!

yeller
07-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Man...I smoked a few of those in my earlier days. Nothing like a skinny bias ply for a burnout. :yes:

Carl C
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey, Randy, I don't remember those tires but I'm just a 52 year old kid.:rlol: I'd cut the side off the tire to hang on the garage wall. I've seen this done with nascar tires and it looks good. A hack saw should do the job. Sorry I didn't join you all for dinner but I just wanted to get that 200 mile tow over with and I had to work Sunday. We'll do it again and hopefully the water will be a little calmer. I'll be taking my boat to Lake Huron at Oscoda in 1 or 2 weeks. Stand by for a report.:boat:

Last Tango
07-11-2006, 08:37 AM
There may have been some performance packages on the Pinto that included the WO

I smell an oxymoron here.