PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Donzi Z33 Project Update!!!

TEAMPSI
07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Hello Everyone... I just went over to Yacht Doctors in St. Pete to check up on my boat... Took some pictures, but couldn't get too close because the gate was locked.

Here's what's been done so far.....

Brand new uncut transom
Hull "knife edged" - Takes away any "washboard" look on the side of the hull
Original cuddy port windows glassed in - really updates the hull!!!
All New White gelcoat
New Yellow applied to the sides and stripe down the middle deck
Cockpit sprayed white (old black dash is no more!!!)
New Loadmaster Trailer - Disk breaks all around...

At this point, they are going to spray the cockpit this week, so the hull cosmetic work should be all finished by this Friday. Just wanted to get opinions on the way the project is going... How do the like the hull without windows??? I was on the fence originally, but glad I decided to do it.

Now, I need to finish up the interior... If anyone knows a good interior guy in Florida, please let me know. The motors and drives are the only thing left at that point.

Thanks guys and let me know what you think!!! :)

gold-n-rod
07-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys and let me know what you think!!! :)

Niiiiice. Looks great sans windows. Keep up the good work!

:wavey:

ChromeGorilla
07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Looking good!

The Hedgehog
07-10-2006, 08:22 AM
I like it. My hat is off to you for the custom work. Very cool. Keep us posted. What are you doing under the engine hatch?

Donzigo
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Tempsi,
I know great interior engine people here in St. Pete. I have seen your boat a couple of times. They do nice work.
Mechanical & engines - Call Gary Wheeler / Gary King at 727-381-3087, I have known them for 30 years. NO ONE, other than me, has ever touched my boats, and I am as particular as they come.....almost excentric.
Interior & Sunbrella covers - Call Tim at Florida Boat Tops - 727-525-7733. Again, I let NO ONE do work for me, unless they are good. (See above comment)
Throw me a call and I will be glad to steer you in the right direction.
Richard Aaron
727-867-7020