PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet

MOP
07-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Some of you know I blew my back out big time 4 days ago have been mostly paid up or at the Dr's, still had stuff to get done before 1K. Today feeling not to bad I tackled the trailer brakes, I had the left side off last week to start the job and had the wrong pads for the Kodiak's. Called Wesco's 10AM they it was their mistake and apologized, by 2:30 the next day the right pads arrived now that is service. Was finishing up waxing the hull and figured I would do the brakes the next day, the next morning doing the "Honey Do" list first thing I blew my back out carrying some stuff for Bonnie, well that was Thursday I could not even walk had to crawl to go to the bath room. All I could think of was Oh ****! no 1K!!! Well Bonnie trundled me off to the local Chiropractor, he said no sweat he would get me off to my vacation I am thinking "Yeah Right" well 4 treatments still not right but no real bad pain I figured let try the brake thing today! Taking a break as I just got one side done, what a pain with the torsion axles, spring set up are a ton easier. Jack a spring rig and the axle drops enough to do the job, a big NOT with torsion. Well with one big jack supporting the frame and my trusty old 1 ton shop jack I got through it, problem is one caliper bolt it impossible to get at when the axle drops and lines up with the frame. You have to jack the axle up a tad to get that one out, the disc was looking pretty decent with no ridges so I just cleaned it up a little with the grinder as I have done many before. Hmm I can see the eye brows raise grind the disc on the axel, Yup a #60 on a side arm works like a charm cuts very slow and even as it spins the disc. When done I got my calipers out of the tool box it slide across the surface it was perfect, put it all back together and spun the wheel not one slow spot. Well on to the other side after a few more minutes of recoup time.

gcarter
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Well Phil, I'm glad your back is doing better. But to be honest, when I read the title of your post, I thought you had "BIT THE BULLET" and bought a DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!! :wink:

MOP
07-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Nah! the old velimoid one is working just fine!

Just got back from brake breaking in, we are ready to roll real early Weds morning should beat all but Albany traffic.

Phil

Tony
07-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Phil, I envy you going to the Thousand Islands event...but do NOT envy your back pain. Chiro's have a mixed fan base, some swear by them and the traditionalists steer clear of them. Glad you're feeling better...ya gotta be healthy to pound the river for this hard-runnin event!

penbroke
07-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your back. I know what a "pain" it can be. Hope you have a great time at Thousand Islands.

Frank

Walt. H.
07-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Phil,
You laid off old bugger,
Now I know why I've haven't heard from you lately! A bad back is no excuse.

LOL,
walt

MOP
07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Paying the price for yesterday:smash: :wrench: I am as tight as a bow string this morning, two more treatments will get me up to 1K. If the river is rough for the event I have until the next Monday to recoup for the trip home, I may need to be hoisted out of the boat but I will be running:yes:

Digger
07-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Phil be careful fer pete's sake. banging it around will not help

of course when all else fails a percoset and a cocktail work pretty well...

MOP
07-10-2006, 07:17 AM
OR a cocktail work pretty well...[/QUOTE]

A wee bit of Capt Morgan will help

isn't it time you took on an apprentice? then you can get the lawn chair... and supervise as the kid gains "experience"

Was suppose to show up a 9 to do the heavy stuff, finally arrived at 3! He was tuna fishing all night, you can bet I worked his azz off when he showed up!