PDA

View Full Version : hey Miami

WOT-sup
07-09-2006, 10:45 AM
It is possible that final assembly before the initial launch of my '72 18' project will be this week.
This boat hasn't see water for perhaps 10 years, and unfortunately, it's still going to be a while.
Here's why: I get shipped out next weekend for a whole month, then home for less than a week and then gone again. This gets close to the end of summer...aaarrrgggg.
Here's the hold up. I need to get some basic (that is,basic if you know the product) engine work done...cooling system, linkage adjustment, etc. With limited time available, I'd like to farm it out or at least get get help from someone knowledgeable so I'm not reinventing the wheel and wasting time.
Suggestions from some 'Local knowledge' Registry members (thanks guys!) suggested Ed East or USA Power, but neither seem available for contact.
Anyone have any other ideas , suggestions, whatever???
Thanks,
Brad

WOT-sup
07-14-2006, 12:34 PM
No prob....looks like it will be 'Plan B" next month.
Thanks for checking around, Poodle.

Cuda
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
The shop I use is the Boat Hospital in Deland. They do everything. They've been pretty fair with me I think too. They have Debbie's 22 there with the deck off right now. There's another 22 there also. Call Mike, tell him Joe Griffith sent you. I'm probably his best customer. He always has at least one of my boats in custody. :)

mrfixxall
07-14-2006, 04:06 PM
It is possible that final assembly before the initial launch of my '72 18' project will be this week.
This boat hasn't see water for perhaps 10 years, and unfortunately, it's still going to be a while.
Here's why: I get shipped out next weekend for a whole month, then home for less than a week and then gone again. This gets close to the end of summer...aaarrrgggg.
Here's the hold up. I need to get some basic (that is,basic if you know the product) engine work done...cooling system, linkage adjustment, etc. With limited time available, I'd like to farm it out or at least get get help from someone knowledgeable so I'm not reinventing the wheel and wasting time.
Suggestions from some 'Local knowledge' Registry members (thanks guys!) suggested Ed East or USA Power, but neither seem available for contact.
Anyone have any other ideas , suggestions, whatever???
Thanks,
Brad

Tow her to chi town ill GET-ER-DUN

WOT-sup
07-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the replys, guys. Scott, I'll give you a call in a few days.

Brad