PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Cuda
07-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I ran the Spybot program earlier today, and I don't know what happened, but all kinds of things are wrong now. I tried to use the Recovery mode of Spybot, with no results. I can't put attachments to a post, I can't enlarge an attachment that someone else posts, I cannot start Outlook Express, and I cannot access any search engines (Msn, Yahoo). I've run my Norton Utilities, and it didn't fix it. I'm out of ideas. :(

Kirk
07-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I hope that you are running XP!

If so, than try this:

Start...All Programs...Accessories.....System tools...System restore

Look for a date as close to present as possible that is Hi-lited click on the date to restore system. You will not lose anything and it will take a few minutes....you may be prompted to do a re-start once complete. I have noticed some wierd crap in the last few days and have some clean-up to do as well.

Once that is done I would suggest that you scan machine for viruses and update your virus protection/firewall if you have not done so already.

Let me know how you make out!

KJ

Cuda
07-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Kirk, I just tried that, it came up with a message that I don't have security clearance to use that program. It suggested I log out, then log back in as the administrator.

Cuda
07-08-2006, 09:32 PM
When I try to use Outlook Express, I get a message saying something about file MSOE.DLL not being found or something like that.

Kirk
07-09-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.mcafee-security.com/fixregistryerrors.htm Registry & Error Cleaning software

Run and install...it's free!

MOP
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
http://www.mcafee-security.com/fixregistryerrors.htm Registry & Error Cleaning software
Run and install...it's free!

Kirk it is only free to have a look see! If you want it to do anything it costs! I got P.O.ed and deleted it even that proved to be a pain had go back two days just to get my machine straight again!

Phil

Cuda
07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I've been fighting this since Saturday! I bought a CD yesterday that's suppose to fix problems. No joy at all. :mad:
I've got professional help coming in a few minutes. If he can't fix it, the next step is to put it under the rear wheel of my F350 and see if I can't "iron" out the problems. :(

BUIZILLA
07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
That RegCleaner worked awesome for me... i've had a startup bug i've been fighting for 3 months, that nothing worked on, this cleaned it in about 3 minutes...

WELL worth the penny's....

thanx man,

JH

txtaz
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Cuda's problems are a little more serious than a patch job that can be handled from the net or on the phone. Good luck Joe.
Da Taz<<<---Puters, I don't know stinking puters...

joel3078
07-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I agree with the Taz. I vote for reinstall windows or if you have windows XP or ME, go thru the recovery mode. What version of windows do you have Joe?

Hell, better yet, ship the box to me, I'll fix it for free, and ship it back to you. You only pay for shipping it to me. Help a brother out!!!!!!! Problem will go away quickly.

rag top man
07-16-2006, 11:20 AM
.....atta way joel !! nicest thing i've heard in a long time :beer:
rag top man

Cuda
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
The guy that looked at it came over Friday to pick up the computer. He's going to save my data, then reinstalled Windows.