PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a shake with that Donzi?

96DONZI
07-08-2006, 01:51 PM
My latest venture was putting a shaker ram air cleaner on my sweet 16. I've put a lot of ram air systems on cars and trucks but this was my first water craft attempt. I've cut holes in $1000 hoods but I was never as nervous as cutting the hole out my Donzi hatch. Unit top is 69/70 428CJ Mach1 Mustang with factory trim ring. Air cleaner is Marine K&N with hand crafted plenum that goes around 1/2 of the air cleaner with a water entrapment system. AT least now I get to hear where my $3.00+ gallon fuel is going!! Other mods include 428CJ factory 735cfm Holley and EMI polished exhaust and Edlebrock intake. the old 350 sounds goooood!!
p.s. found the Donzi Marine emblems on ebay that I have stuck to my exhaust flappers in the hatch pic. Hopefully they stay on!! they are the exact size of the flapper.

yeller
07-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Man you got balls!!! Not for cutting your hatch, but for posting a pic of it on this site. :biggrin.:

olredalert
07-09-2006, 08:54 AM
-------Geez,,,,For a minute when I saw the anniversary boat I thought Sam had lost his mind. I think its kind of cool, however!!! What happens when you come off plane too quickly???........Bill S

DonCig
07-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Sam, I think that it looks very nice and it appears that you did an A+ job on the instalation!

For those that have not seen Sam drive this boat, the water never see's his boat except for the last three feet of the bottom.

Don

Ed Donnelly
07-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Love the flappers:eek!: :eek!: ...Ed

96DONZI
07-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Man you got balls!!! Not for cutting your hatch, but for posting a pic of it on this site. :biggrin.:
SORRY if I upset anybody. I used to be the biggest purest that ever lived especially with vintage cars but as I got older I discovered that I want what I want which may not be what the factory did. If it's giving anybody heart palputations I'll have it taken off the site.

96DONZI
07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Sam, I think that it looks very nice and it appears that you did an A+ job on the instalation!
For those that have not seen Sam drive this boat, the water never see's his boat except for the last three feet of the bottom.
Don
don, this isn;t sam;s boat. it's scott minch's you sold the risers to.

96DONZI
07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
GOOD QUESTION ON WHICH IS WORTH MORE, THE 16 HATCH OR THE COBRA JET SHAKER. Hmmm, GOT $2400.00 FOR THE LAST SHAKER SYSTEM I HAD FOR A MUSTANG ON EBAY. MAYBE IT'S TIME WE STARTED REPRODUCING DONZI HATCH COVERS- WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY MR. MAJORS! LOL!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD I DIDN'T POST THE PICTURE OF THE BUILT-IN BARBECUE I INSTALLED THRU THE HULL!! (LOL!!) AND DON'T ASK WHERE I INSTALLED THE PROPANE TANK!

yeller
07-10-2006, 11:13 PM
SORRY if I upset anybody. I used to be the biggest purest that ever lived especially with vintage cars but as I got older I discovered that I want what I want which may not be what the factory did. If it's giving anybody heart palputations I'll have it taken off the site.
Sure didn't upset me! :) I was just givin' ya a hard time. :cistineb: I'm all for personalizing your boat. Just wait till I paint my anniversary boat pink. :eek!: :jestera:

catch 22
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Love the flappers:eek!: :eek!: ...Ed
Where did you get those flappers? Shaker looks good. Nice job. :cool!:

96DONZI
07-13-2006, 03:55 AM
actually I found the emblems on ebay. looks like they are from a big boat. they're about 1/8 to 3/16" thich and are bendable with 3m backer. I was going to put them inside somewhere until I noticed they were the exact size of the flappers. so far they're sticking really good. thanks for the kind words!

Lenny
07-19-2006, 11:06 PM
MAYBE IT'S TIME WE STARTED REPRODUCING DONZI HATCH COVERS- WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY MR. MAJORS! LOL!!!

I could crank 'em out all day long... :)

That looks like you did a nice job on the hatch :yes:

Cuda
07-22-2006, 08:18 PM
I had to pay over $600 to have a scoop taken off our boat.:(

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
08-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see someone offer Donzi hatch covers with a whole host of classic style muscle car inspired ram air options. Hemi shakers, various Shelby Mustang styles, even some GM styles like the Buick Gran Sport or, best yet, Olds 442 style!
Who likes to play with photo shop???

Eric

onesubdrvr
08-17-2006, 08:13 AM
That thing got a Hemi?? :D :D
Poodle,

WHOSE X is that??

Inquiring minds must know!!

I Love the yellow!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
08-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Steve Marr's.. Had to cut hatch to raise the X to the proper height to run a Bhawk.. 300 hp, mid 70's :eek!: :eek!:
Hey, aren't you supposed to be working??
Sounds like a good idea!! :) :crossfing

I'm a little under the weather today,.....squirts and fever,...way to start the first week at a new job :garfield:

Don't even want to eat one of those grouper sandwiches at Islamorada right now, and I LOVED that!!

Talk to 'ya later
Wayne