PDA

View Full Version : Tried the Mirage 27P one more time

blueliner
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
well,

this time around, i got her dialed in. holy s%#t!!! i had to run a bit more tab for a longer period of time, but what a difference. the boat didn't chine walk nearly as much and i got rid of the porposing altogether. final results were impressive:

2 guys, full tank of gas, plus gear... calm conditions

77 mph at 5100 rpms. i am sending the prop back to brett and he his going to do some work on it. i can still afford to come down a little bit in the rpm's. i bet if it is just me, light load, and a little bit of chop, i might see 80!!!! i will just have to wait and see. not bad for a stock boat!!!!!

yeller
07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
well,
this time around, i got her dialed in. holy s%#t!!! i had to run a bit more tab for a longer period of time, but what a difference. the boat didn't chine walk nearly as much and i got rid of the porposing altogether. final results were impressive:
2 guys, full tank of gas, plus gear... calm conditions
77 mph at 5100 rpms. i am sending the prop back to brett and he his going to do some work on it. i can still afford to come down a little bit in the rpm's. i bet if it is just me, light load, and a little bit of chop, i might see 80!!!! i will just have to wait and see. not bad for a stock boat!!!!!

Nice run Steve!!! 27P is a pretty big prop for a stock HO. That's the size I run. Has it already been labbed? What prop?

yeller
07-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Duh, :bonk: :bonk: Mirage prop :bonk:

If you haven't sent that prop to Brett yet. Give me a call. Mine's a Hydro Q4 27P. It'd be interesting to swap props for a run and compare.

RickSE
07-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Mirage or Mirage+? Our conversations at Powell seemed to suggest the older Mirage prop behaves a lot better then the Mirage+ on our boats.

Steve, what happened with the "no gear" stuff last weekend? Also, I assume that since you say the porpoise was gone that you had to run the tabs for torque lean??

My boat has been crazy lately. One hell of a handful when I ran with Yeller and the others down at Havasu and also when I tried to run with 4 adults at Powell. Still fun though.

txtaz
07-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeller and Rick,
You need to be running a 29 Mirage Plus. Then labb it for fine tuning. You have high hp's that need to spin a bigger prop. Work with Brett at BBlades. He will give you a deal.
Da Taz

yeller
07-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes Taz, I do need a bigger prop. Based on Catch22's hp and testing, I wanted to start with a 29P. The 27P is a mistake from dealing directly with Hydromotive instead of Throttle-Up. :mad: Tried to change it, but they weren't very accommodating. I'm sure Brett could help me, but I don't want to get into a labbed prop until I have more seat time.

Lenny
07-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Steve and Glen. Nice to see the seat time is helping you get the "hang of it". It is all good,.. isn't it :yes:

..now you see why I said (Glen) not to let your "friends" hop in and drive just 'cuz they have a boat too... You would have been on your back in no time...

Nice rides you both have, :) , only more fun to be had.

Have a GREAT boating Summer :D

250-474-4005 and we'll hook up.

Lenny

farmer tx
07-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Boy did this thread bring'em out of the wood work. Rick & Glen could use some of this. By the way Rick I didn't say those new hulls $ucked i said they were scarey. With your and Glens H.P you both need to be running bigger props than what you were at Powell. You will enjoy the boats more.
I'm praying for rain so I can cut out of here for 72 or more hours to do it again. Powell is all I have been able to think about since I got home. Kind of like a drug, I need some more of that!

Mark

yeller
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Steve and Glen. Nice to see the seat time is helping you get the "hang of it". It is all good,.. isn't it :yes:
..now you see why I said (Glen) not to let your "friends" hop in and drive just 'cuz they have a boat too... You would have been on your back in no time...
Nice rides you both have, :) , only more fun to be had.
Have a GREAT boating Summer :D
250-474-4005 and we'll hook up.
Lenny

Well seeing as we stole this thread away from Blueliner...may as well take it in another direction. :biggrin.: Was talking to Steve and we may meet on Sunday. Didn't really have a destination.....interested in hooking up??

Lenny
07-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Sittin here in the clear blue sky and SUN watering my plants/bananas/palms and ferns... just caught the thread again. :)

I was going to launch today or tomorrow (Sunday) at about 1pm (about 4' of water at the ramp) and run somewhere. We could meet at Active Pass if you like. Weather looks GREAT for today. Tides are HIGH in the early evening both days. (7pm) :)

Maybe twist a couple at Mayne Island or Ganges Harbour or Poets Cove, Pender, or Saturna Island. All close to the Pass. Like minutes away. Let me know. :D

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/ful/2006-07-09

Sorry Steve for ruining this thread.

Lenny
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Glen, call me at 250-474-4005. Deneen and I are going OUT right now. 12:09 pm Saturday, July 8th.

blueliner
07-08-2006, 11:44 PM
it was a 27p mirage plus...

Mirage or Mirage+? Our conversations at Powell seemed to suggest the older Mirage prop behaves a lot better then the Mirage+ on our boats.
Steve, what happened with the "no gear" stuff last weekend? Also, I assume that since you say the porpoise was gone that you had to run the tabs for torque lean??
My boat has been crazy lately. One hell of a handful when I ran with Yeller and the others down at Havasu and also when I tried to run with 4 adults at Powell. Still fun though.

RickSE
07-08-2006, 11:49 PM
... By the way Rick I didn't say those new hulls $ucked i said they were scarey....

Just elaborating a little on my part. :yes: Don't let me convince you to ride in mine at Havasu, scarey sums it up pretty good.

I certainly could run a bigger prop at Havasu but not sure about Powell, maybe if it was a tweaked big pitch like TXTAZ states. I'll probably try a 25p Turbo at Powell next but it may be a little too small since I can get 5300 RPM's out of the Mirage+. I'm surprised Blue can get 5100 RPM's out of a 27P. Sounds like it's hooking up pretty good, less slip?? Is the 27P a smaller diameter then a 25P? I should have asked Yeller if I could try his Hydro while we were at Powell.

Speaking of Powell, the big talk this week has been about a ski boat that sank in the narrows near Antelope Marina over the 4th. Guess it was being towed by a houseboat and got swamped in the rough stuff.