PDA

View Full Version : Model/year help - late 80's early 90's

dockrocker
07-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Can anyone clarify the relationship between the various models Donzi built in the late 80's and early 90's? Aside from the Classics, I've read about the Minx (20') and various 'Z' models (25, 29, 33?). And they built a center console as well, correct? I believe it was labeled a Z33.

Are the hulls the same btwn the Z closed deck and the Z CC? I've read about fuel tank and stringer issues with the various Z models, does this apply to the CC as well?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

RedDog
07-06-2006, 07:08 AM
click on the "MENU - Model Listing" link to the left and above this post

dockrocker
07-06-2006, 09:20 AM
click on the "MENU - Model Listing" link to the left and above this post

http://www.unitelater.com/s9y/uploads/misc/homer-doh.jpg

dockrocker
07-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok, that helps a little, but it doesn't really answer my questions. I'm semi-seriously considering a Z? F? 33 CC/outboard from the early 90's. As one might expect, it needs a little work but the price is right. However, I've heard some horror stories on this site about Donzi's of that era needing all new stringers, transoms, having rotted fuel tanks, etc. I dont' want to get into tens of thousands of dollars in repairs - for that kind of investment I'd rather buy a boat that is in newer and/or in better shape.

So, what problems do CC's of that era typically have, and are they systemic or isolated?

Cuda
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Ok, that helps a little, but it doesn't really answer my questions. I'm semi-seriously considering a Z? F? 33 CC/outboard from the early 90's. As one might expect, it needs a little work but the price is right. ?
Is that the one in Florida by a guy that owns a Harley boat?