PDA

View Full Version : Went to see

onesubdrvr
07-05-2006, 08:38 PM
A Donzi deck boat today, and saw this, don't know asking price, but if you're interested, I'll get the number to reach the dealer at.

It appears to be a 25-27' Fountain CC, pretty good shape, but seems under powered to me(?)

Wayne

gold-n-rod
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
A Donzi deck boat today

Wayne, tell us more about the Donzi deck boat.......... :dolphin:

onesubdrvr
07-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Wayne, tell us more about the Donzi deck boat.......... :dolphin:
Price was very good, $9,900, but needs lots of cosmetic help. 1997 (non-step), 5.7lxi Mercruiser, Alpha 1 outdrive.

I still am toying with the idea of this one, but, I don't know, it's alot of elbow grease. Also, looks like it's had some gel repair (color splotches that don't quite match the rest), some crazing of the gel in the area of the ski tow hook, and also on the side (maybe hit a dock or something). The door to the head is broken, some rust on engine like it had blown the SW hose or something. I'm gonna give them a call and have them put a hose on it for me so I can see it run, then I'll make a decision from there, may be a little more than I wanted to bite off at this point though. Hull is solid, ski-lockers / etc are solid, stringers and transom appear solid (from how far I could slip my fat but in the engine compartment to check it out).

I've got the HIN, so I'll pop it in that hurricane boat insurance site a little later.

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get to my other computer

Later
Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Right now, my boating world is like a delicate, yet intricate spider web, any one thing falling out of place may not destroy the web, but alters it's form, requiring modifying the original to sustain stability.

Does that make any sense :confused:

Anyways, here is some pics of the deck boat I went and looked at.

BUIZILLA
07-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Wayne, are you SURE that boat didn't sink... :confused:

JH

Cuda
07-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Bottom painted. Run, don't walk away from this one.

onesubdrvr
07-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Wayne, are you SURE that boat didn't sink... :confused:
JH
Jim,

I can't be sure, but for the asking price, it wouldn't surprise me, I've got the HIN to check on the hurrican database,....I'll tell you what I saw,

The ski lockers / etc were all dry, and showed no obvious signs of sinking, the rust you see on the engine seems isolated to the top end (I've attached a larger picture), but the bilge did look a little grimy, I wonder if just the rear was submerged or something. Also, none of the electrical connections / etc. showed any signs of corrosion.

You guys have a much better eye than I do, and like I said it wouldn't surprise me.

onesubdrvr
07-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I could be missing something, Jim has the incredible "blows up pictures to 298,352 x there original size" software, but looks like poor maintenance and maybe a water leak... If it mechanicaly checks out, go for it.. If it blows up, you might be able to find someone around there that could build ya a little muskle for it...
Thanks Scott, kind of the impression I got looking at it,

So, Jim,....do you see anything we don't ?? :) :anchor: :anchor: :cool!:

Wayne

BUIZILLA
07-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Wayne, from MY perspective, i'm reasonably certain it sank in salt water, or in brackish water..... the crispness of the rust color everywhere, and the polyps and blisters tell me it was under for more than a day or so... the pulleys tell a good tale here...the green color on some items (circ. water pump plug) tells me it went down with the battery connected, and live... the intake isn't going to be rusted like that over the paint, unless salt water puddled on it. If that was a fresh water puddle, it would be whitish stained and the paint would blister differently... i'm not saying the whole boat went under, but for sure it FILLED up with other than rain water intrusion...

I think you can find better examples of family vessels in your hunt...

JH

onesubdrvr
07-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Wayne, from MY perspective, i'm reasonably certain it sank in salt water, or in brackish water..... the crispness of the rust color everywhere, and the polyps and blisters tell me it was under for more than a day or so... the pulleys tell a good tale here...the green color on some items (circ. water pump plug) tells me it went down with the battery connected, and live... the intake isn't going to be rusted like that over the paint, unless salt water puddled on it. If that was a fresh water puddle, it would be whitish stained and the paint would blister differently... i'm not saying the whole boat went under, but for sure it FILLED up with other than rain water intrusion...
I think you can find better examples of family vessels in your hunt...
JH
Thanks for the honest opinion Jim!! :wink: :yes:

Wayne

wannabe
07-15-2006, 10:27 PM
It takes a heck of a long time for the boats up here to look like that.