PDA

View Full Version : need z-25 trailer measurements

KerrLake
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi guys. It is looking like I am going to be the new owner of an 86 z-25. I am excited and terrified at the same time. I know that the transom needs new wood, so from what I have read a good chance the stringers too. MOP (thanks) suggested a few weeks ago that I should be very weary of a leaking transom. He was 100% on the money. So it appears that I have my work cut out for me. 1st thing is I need a trailer to go pick up the boat. Does anyone have the trailer meaurements or know where i can get them? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Digger
07-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Brian, you may be able to get the measurements from trailer manufacturers. I know that my trailer company, www.slideon.com (http://www.slideon.com) have made plenty of trailers for Donzi's and may be bale to help you out. Call them up, if they don't know they may be able to steer you somewhere else.

Or maybe Tim White still owns a 25... I think he used too anyway... does anyone have Tim's contact info?

That's a beautiful lake you are on. I was out there this past weekend with a buddy of mine on his boat and I was impressed with the lake. Would like to tow my boat over there sometime.

welcome to the board and good luck with that boat

Donzigo
07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Quickload, here in St. Pete, makes any trailer you need. They have all the measruments, as do other manufacturers.

Aluminuim Slide On, is a mile from my home. I see Bill and his sons up at CK's kitchen all the time. They are quite an interesting group. In sort of a "Grizzly Adams goes to the big city" kind of way. They are nice as can be. They are pricey trailers, and are one of the best trailers out there.

KerrLake
07-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Digger-Thanks for the info. Kerr is a great lake. I have lived on the lake for five years now and it still seems like I'm on vacation when I go out. I have houses for sale on the lake if anyone is interested.
Donzigo- I may need some advice from you. I've read alot of your posts and see why you are the z25 expert. I see that it is a good idea to replace the fuel tank. Where is it on this boat? While I've got the engine out I'm going to have it rebuilt. The boat has 535 hrs. Should I do anything to the trans if it is working ok? My goal is a reliable boat without breaking the bank. I'm not going to do anything very extensive in the rebuild, so I guess my hp shouldn't go more than 400.
Thanks
Brian