PDA

View Full Version : Removing oxidation...Anyone use vertglas?

Premierproperties
07-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi all
I have just got finished searching the archieves for removing oxidation....the majority of people have used wetsanding along with buffing to get the job done. I came across an ad for a product called vertglas that has several step process, which seems similar to the very labor intesive wetsanding and buffing, but it uses a "non abraisive pad" to remove the oxidation.
Has anyone on this list know of or personally used this stuff? I would like to know from someone who has.
Thanks in advance
Tim
89 Z 22

LKSD
07-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi all
I have just got finished searching the archieves for removing oxidation....the majority of people have used wetsanding along with buffing to get the job done. I came across an ad for a product called vertglas that has several step process, which seems similar to the very labor intesive wetsanding and buffing, but it uses a "non abraisive pad" to remove the oxidation.
Has anyone on this list know of or personally used this stuff? I would like to know from someone who has.
Thanks in advance
Tim
89 Z 22

Dont do it!!! I tried samples they gave me a few years ago.. It SUX! If it sounds to good to be true IT IS... People that have used it in my area usually ended up having us strip off the coating that turned streaky & hazy. They we ended up wet sanding, compounding & polishing it..
Jamie / Lakeside :)

Boatnuts
07-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Listen to JW - he is right on the mark.Tried it. Wouldn't touch the stuff again with a 10 foot pole.