PDA

View Full Version : Fell off the boat........owe!!!!

fasttrucker
07-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I was washing my boat in the water,getting ready for the 4th weekend.The boat has been waxed and then I was cleaning the inside cabin.So I was getting off the boat holding a bag of trash when..........I fell and hit the dock on the way down.I hit my knee,right arm and back on the dock.Lucky I didnt smack my back.:propeller

hardcrab
07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
so , what happened to the bag of trash ? :wink:

Formula Jr
07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Did you hurt the dock? By the by, a "dock" is a space of water. You hit a pier or a wharf.

Anyone who hasn't fallen off a boat, hasn't been around them long enough.
My favorite was just after I had waxed the deck, I was out in the lake, stopped, and just wanted to lay down on the fore deck and sun. I slid completely off the thing into the drink. There isn't much on these boats to grab on to when you start sliding so it seemed the easier just to fall in. It was pretty funny afterwards. Yet not as funny as getting your shorts caught on a cleat on the way down. :boat:

boldts
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Fast, man I hope your ok. While it's easy to laugh at this instance, I've seen first hand someone fall off a ZX Donzi, hit the dock and go into the water head first. It happened at AOTH I and we were very lucky someone was able to grab the dealer's ankle and pull him back up on to the dock. (Jr., they are called docks here in the East) Very scary momment for those standing there.

Be glad you didn't have a situation like Randy Oak of MI. The darn swimsuit he was wearing wouldn't tear and left him hanging from the boat unable to get loose. Has to be one of the funniest threads ever posted here on the site. That is unless your name is Randy Oak :)

undertaker
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Are you sure Jaime did not push you off.....:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :yes:

Undertaker:pimp:

gold-n-rod
07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I was cleaning out my big boat after a day of boating many years back and stepped from the sunpad to the swim platform. It was wet and I lost my footing. All I could see was the prop and skeg below. I pushed off with all my might and landed on my back..... away from any sharp edges (just hit something hard and flat). I laid there a few minutes with stars in my eyes before trying to get up. I scared the **** out of my family (and myself, too)!

Those cleats have been known to snag all sorts of things; pockets, swimsuits, sacks....... :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

:wavey:

Islander
07-04-2006, 08:05 PM
By the by, a "dock" is a space of water. You hit a pier or a wharf.

Not necessarily, there are multiple meanings. From dictionary.com:

1.The area of water between two piers or alongside a pier that receives a ship for loading, unloading, or repairs.
2.A pier; a wharf.
3.A group of piers on a commercial waterfront that serve as a general landing area for ships or boats. Often used in the plural.
4.A platform at which trucks or trains load or unload cargo

Rootsy
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
i fell from the 16 once or twice... i lived... both times.. barely... seriously... first time i was waxing and i had a fresh coat of collnite... i climbed up on the deck... was standing near the edge for some stupid reason and my feet just went right out from under me.. i hit my chin on the gunnel on the way to the ground... i woke up with a headache a few mintues or hours or something later.. i don't rightly know...

2nd time i had a cylinder head in my hands.. i was kneeling on the deck... on the starboard side... i began to slide backward... and as you know.. nothing ohyu can do.. all there is, is a vent and a cleat in the way... i was going, no stopping.. 55 lbs of sbc head in my paws.. so i gave the head a heave ho... and i landed on my back on the ground... next thing i knew here came a cylinder head bouncing off the deck at me... landed about a foot from my melon... i count my blessings on that one...

and actually i just returned from a 3 hour stint in the ER on the 4th of July... no i didn't blow my hands off with firecrackers... GD 2 steel slivers, well cast iron, in my right eyeball... sad part is... i was wearing safety glasses last night when i did it... be careful... off to the opthamologist in the morning for a bit of grinding on the ole eyeball... until then.. we have beer and vicodin... so all is well :) :yes:

JR

Formula Jr
07-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Islander, you can read....

Oh, thats good...

A dock is a place you put a boat.
The other common definitions are general landlubber's concepts.

sorry to be a pill. I just like the language as it is....

Islander
07-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Islander, you can read....
Oh, thats good...
A dock is a place you put a boat.
The other common definitions are general landlubber's concepts.
sorry to be a pill. I just like the language as it is....

You don't have to be condescending. What's the matter, your manhood feels threatened?
By the way, since you "like the language as it is", whatever that means, I thought I should bring it to your attention that it's grammatically incorrect to begin a sentence with a lower case letter.

LKSD
07-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Are you sure Jamie did not push you off.....:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :yes:

We didnt end up going down :( ... We were concerned about the junk in the water from the flood. I worked most of the day on Monday. Then We caught up on some sleep yesterday ... Possibly we will go out boating this weekend instead.. With only 2.5 hrs on the boat I want to have some fun without worrying about flyin into stuff in the water..

Bill are you ok?? Hope fully it was just a silly splash without any major injury..

Jamie :)

undertaker
07-05-2006, 01:32 PM
You got to be kidding me.....:confused: :confused: :confused: OK I will not say anymore about that.... :bonk: :bonk: If you make it down next weekend give me a call I am leaving Sat. late morning for the Bay for a week maybe we can hook up Sat. or Sun. let me know you have my cell #:yes: :yes:

PS I do not think Trucker hurt anything remember he has the fastest 28ZX on the bay.....:wink: :wink: Just teasing........:bonk: :propeller :cool: :yes: :boat:

LKSD
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
You got to be kidding me.....:confused: :confused: :confused: OK I will not say anymore about that.... :bonk: :bonk: If you make it down next weekend give me a call I am leaving Sat. late morning for the Bay for a week maybe we can hook up Sat. or Sun. let me know you have my cell #:yes: :yes:
PS I do not think Trucker hurt anything remember he has the fastest 28ZX on the bay.....:wink: :wink: Just teasing........:bonk: :propeller :cool: :yes: :boat:

I know.. It's enough to cry already.. :( ... I need a vacation!! If I do get down that way I will call.. :) .. Jamie

fasttrucker
07-06-2006, 08:33 PM
OH-Boy Iam not that fast anymore.Iam taking it-easy from now on.Lost a bag of trash in the bay,please dont call the EPA:bonk:Looks like Iam never going to do that again.

roadtrip se
07-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I did a quick tumble on our 16 and planted a cleat under the right cheek.
Ran around with a cleat-shaped bruise for six months after. Jill thought it was real funny.

If you look at the 22, it has all pop-ups. Looks better and keeps them from becoming a pain in the arse, quite literally, at the wrong time.