PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your favorite deep cycle battery

Sofa King
07-01-2006, 02:15 AM
1000 cca or over.
Big Boar makes the best motorcycle with the most lead plates, who makes the bestest marine battery? There can only be one bestest.

Arip

Carl C
07-01-2006, 06:47 AM
I am not loyal to any battery brand. I've seen name brand batteries die early and off name ones lasting longer then they should. I think a lot of them are made by the same companies. IMO just avoid the el-cheapos.

FOSTER
07-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Optima blue top will be going in mine.:shocking:

Pismo
07-01-2006, 10:59 AM
30+ years boating, own several boats currently, worked in industry, have tried them all and I am embarrassed to say a group 27 or 29 marine deep cycle Sears Die-Hard is the best one I have used. They offer several levels and you must buy the best one offered, around $70-$80. Never have done any maintenance to them, I simply make sure the battery is fully charged after I put the boat away for the winter, never have removed it from the boat, charged once a year before layup, leave it be for the northern New York -35F winters and got 11 seasons out of my last one, 8 out of current one so far. That's only two batteries in 20 years. No other battery I have tried has ever come close, several brands were one seasoners, many were three which is not much better. My benchmark is now tens seasons minimum or you can do better. Surprising, very. Point - I am in the Northeast with a short boating season and long very cold winters all of which extends battery life. Results would be very different in Florida I am sure.

Walt. H.
07-01-2006, 11:22 AM
What to do?
Should I reconsider my thought's??:bonk:

Just when I was thinking it would be a good idea to replace my current battery>"Napa deep cycle marine" that was purchased new in 2001 just because it reached that magic 5 yr's, when batteries so often lay down and die without warning just like an internal cell disconnect.

Should I pay or play the gamble??:crossfing :yes:

Cuda
07-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't know about deep cycle, but Sam's Club has far and away the best deal on a marine starting battery. 1000 CCA for $49.

boatnut
07-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Delco Freedom

FOSTER
07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
i've been through 3... none of em lasted more than a season... optima warrantied all of them... but i just gave up... no explaination why it happened though... expensive paper weights...

Might have to rethink this one, don't need another anchor. Come to think of it I don't really need a battery, still no motor:fire:

mrfixxall
07-01-2006, 02:03 PM
1000 cca or over.
Big Boar makes the best motorcycle with the most lead plates, who makes the bestest marine battery? There can only be one bestest.
Arip

Ive had the bestest luck with interstate,,going on my 6th yr with the ones in my boat now...