PDA

View Full Version : quick prop question

boatnut
06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
I just received a Turbo 1 prop from Madpoodle literally as I was about to launch the boat for the weekend. I removed the Bravo 1 prop and it had a removable spline that also captured the locking ring that held the prop nut from turning. The new Turbo 1 has the spline built into the hub, do I need another spacer or something or do I just install the Turbo 1 (add a washer?) and use the self locking prop nut without a locking ring (where you bend tabs down)? I tried calling Precision and Scott's company but everyone is closed. Thanks, Ed

Barry Eller
06-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Use the nut lock ring (the thing with the bendable tabs) and install the nut like you would with the bravo prop. The lock washer is built to the prop.

boatnut
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Use the nut lock ring (the thing with the bendable tabs) and install the nut like you would with the bravo prop. The lock washer is built to the prop.

The spline built into the prop does not have any facility to capture the bendable tabs (the Bravo spline insert does). I guess I will try putting a large washer over the prop and just use the self locking nut for now.

boatnut
06-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks Scott, if my jury rigged setup works thru the weekend (while I blow off several Formulas, Fountains, a Hallett and two Schiadas --west coast boats) I will still have a prop to hold on with the castellated washer :wink: .
I will let you know how the Turbo compares to the Bravo 1 after a few test runs. Ed