PDA

View Full Version : The Taz's are heading to Florida...

txtaz
06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
This is from another site but I would like to meet as many Donzi friends as possible while we are there.

Original post:
Jenn has some time off in August so we are going to Florida to visit George and Elane. We fly into Tampa on Saturday Aug. 5 and leave on Friday the 11th.

Would some of the Florida guys like to have an impromptu get together?

Some replies:
Wes,

I Owe 'ya dinner,.... we gotta meet up when your down here!

Wayne

Wayne,
We would love to meet up with you guys. Give us some time to figure out a schedule...I just made the reservations today...I have some work to do there but should be flexible to go boating.

Who wants to tease the "pissy fuzzy dog" (yup MadPoodle) and fish to take time off and play?
Da Taz

I was talking with George this morning and he suggested Lake Harris. Is this good for everyone? How does Sunday Aug 6th sound?
Da Taz

Last Tango
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Sunday, August 6, sounds good for me. I'll bring the 22ZX and Aye Candy. If George is taking the lead on this have him post a gathering spot and time.

txtaz
06-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Just got off the phone with George,
He is taking the lead for time and location.
Da Taz

gcarter
06-30-2006, 08:34 PM
OK boys and girls, we have some options.:)
We can meet and launch at Hickory Point, it's easy to find and has outstanding facilities. See map, extreme East end of Lake Harris http://www.lakecountybass.com/harris_chain_map.pdf (it's 3 mb so it takes awhile to load). We could have a picnic, we've done this before and it was very successful. Or we could go to lunch at Harborside (formerly Dead River Vics), or Crazy Gators.
The four of us will be launching at the Leesburg city ramp, next to the city marina and run to Hickory point.
At this point in time we've lots of options about time, activities, etc.
The main thing is to introduce this Texas couple to the experience of Florida boating.:boggled: :shark: :dolphin: :lightning :boat: :eek:
(HM, what happened to the 'gator smilie? I needed a lot of them):yes:

onesubdrvr
06-30-2006, 09:39 PM
OK boys and girls, we have some options.:)
We can meet and launch at Hickory Point, it's easy to find and has outstanding facilities. See map, extreme East end of Lake Harris http://www.lakecountybass.com/harris_chain_map.pdf (it's 3 mb so it takes awhile to load). We could have a picnic, we've done this before and it was very successful. Or we could go to lunch at Harborside (formerly Dead River Vics), or Crazy Gators.
The four of us will be launching at the Leesburg city ramp, next to the city marina and run to Hickory point.
At this point in time we've lots of options about time, activities, etc.
The main thing is to introduce this Texas couple to the experience of Florida boating.:boggled: :shark: :dolphin: :lightning :boat: :eek:
(HM, what happened to the 'gator smilie? I needed a lot of them):yes:
George,

I vote for the pic-nic / BBQ. Partially because I am boatless, partially because I want to drag my kids and wife along, and the park is a good place for them to hang out.

I volunteer a batch of the shredded BBQ Chicken, and, this time a batch of pork as well.

But, what ever is decided, I'll try my best to make it. :yes:

Wayne

Last Tango
07-02-2006, 10:27 AM
I will meet you at the Leesburg ramp at launch time... which will be about what time? I have about a 2.5 hour tow to there, so I need to know when to leave here.
Aye Candy and I will have room for 3 more if we want to travel on the water.
Maybe we can can get all of TEAM ONESUBDRIVER aboard if we get at least one other boat to join us.

Last Tango
07-02-2006, 10:29 AM
PS. If I rub Aye Candy the right way, she will provide lots of delectable goodies to eat.

onesubdrvr
07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the offer :wink:

Anyone know of a lifejacket for a newborne? :)

Wayne

Last Tango
07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
1Sub,
BoatUS and West Marine have them (but you might also consider PetSmart. LOL!) A nice light fabric hat with wide brim is also a good idea for new-borns.

Cuda
07-02-2006, 03:18 PM
We should be able to make it.

Budmann
07-02-2006, 03:46 PM
This sounds like fun!! Count me in.

gcarter
07-02-2006, 05:09 PM
This looks to be shaping up very well.
Mark, you needn't come to the Leesburg ramp if you don't want to. Hickory Point itself would be closer for you. They have six (I think) ramps there.
I suppose everyone coming from the West might want to launch at Leesburg.
The last time we had a picnic there, it was a lot of fun. It's great for the kids. It has good covered picnic areas.
Joe, it's about four weeks away, do you think the 22 will be together by then?
I'm sure we can all get some fried chicken, etc. and w/ Wayne's chicken and or pork, we'll have more than enough.
How does 10:30 - 11:00 sound? That should give all the out-of-towners time to arrive.

Budmann
07-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Should be fun. hey G... could you post the address of the ramp us West Coast folks should use.

Haven't been over there in some time so I may need to get reaquainted with area.

onesubdrvr
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Should be fun. hey G... could you post the address of the ramp us West Coast folks should use.
Haven't been over there in some time so I may need to get reaquainted with area.
Hey Bud,...I don't know the address, but it's called Hickory Point Park,..

Check http://southeastdonzi.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=35#35 out for some info / map

http://southeastdonzi.net/forums.html

:)
Wayne

gcarter
07-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Bud.
If you look at this map;
http://www.lakecountybass.com/harris_chain_map.pdf
Notice the ramp pictured near the North West corner of Lake Harris, it's denoted by a #10. That is the Leesburg facility for their marina, ramp, ball field etc. It's well marked with signs. The highway there is the Florida highway 44 truck route, locally known as Dixie.
Basically, go North on I-75 to the Wildwood exit (highway 44). Go East through Wildwood, continue on 44 till the first traffic signal in Leesburg. Turn right and follow the road several miles. Cross US-27 and continue another mile or so till you see the sign on the right (there is a traffic light and the cross street is Canal) for the boat ramp. If you miss it, you will see the hospital on the left, then you know you went too far.

Cuda
07-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Buddy, I come from that way all the time. Take I-75 to the Lake Panasofkee exit, which is Cr 470. You have to make about a quarter mile jog to the left when you hit 301, then pick up 470 again. Just keep going straight on 470, it will change names to Cr48, but you don't turn again, until you hit Sr19 at Howey in the Hills. There's a traffic light at SR19. Turn left, and about two mile you'll cross the bridge over Little Lake Harris. Just after you cross it, you'll see the ramp on your left. Turn in to the park. It's a great place to launch, plenty of ramps, tons of docking, and the ramps aren't steep. Plenty of parking too. I've never seen that parking lot over half full. Most the time I come across there, there are less than a dozen trailers in the lot. Call me if you need more info.

florida gator
07-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Bud.
If you look at this map;
http://www.lakecountybass.com/harris_chain_map.pdf
Notice the ramp pictured near the North West corner of Lake Harris, it's denoted by a #10. That is the Leesburg facility for their marina, ramp, ball field etc. It's well marked with signs. The highway there is the Florida highway 44 truck route, locally known as Dixie.
Basically, go North on I-75 to the Wildwood exit (highway 44). Go East through Wildwood, continue on 44 till the first traffic signal in Leesburg. Turn right and follow the road several miles. Cross US-27 and continue another mile or so till you see the sign on the right (there is a traffic light and the cross street is Canal) for the boat ramp. If you miss it, you will see the hospital on the left, then you know you went too far.

I used to do some work in Lake County and am somewhat familiar with that area. I'm sure when I get over there it will all look familiar. If we go, I would be happy to meet anyone in Wildwood and caravan over.

gcarter
07-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I used to do some work in Lake County and am somewhat familiar with that area. I'm sure when I get over there it will all look familiar. If we go, I would be happy to meet anyone in Wildwood and caravan over.
Come on. It would be good to see you again.:)

txtaz
07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
It sounds like it will be a nice get together.

Da Taz's

TMANN
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Natalie and I will be in Clear Water Florida from the 2nd to the 6th of August also. We don’t fly back to Houston till 8PM on the 6th so we would love to meet up for an impromptu get together Sat or Sunday. How far is Clear Water beach from where this might be?

TMANN

txtaz
07-07-2006, 01:05 PM
TMann, We get in late saturday the 5th and plan on doing some running on the 6th (Sunday). You will get to meet my better half. Come on up even if it's just for lunch.
Da Taz<<<--- Funny, Texans in Florida during hurricane season...

gcarter
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
We had a guest with us all week doing some software contract work in the Clearwater area. His commute time was about two hours.
If you can make it on the 6th, PM me and I'll give yopu detailed directions.

florida gator
07-17-2006, 08:59 PM
How big a boat can run this? I know the lakes around here are getting a little low. I may be in a different boat by then.

gcarter
07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Most of lake Harris is 10' to 14' deep. Right now it's down about 2'.
I wouldn't worry about it. You see a good number of performance boats on these lakes.

florida gator
07-17-2006, 09:06 PM
The main lake here is still fine. It's the canals linking everything together that I am unable to access for now. If I still have my Donzi, I may bring it with a for sale sign on it for addiional exposure.

gcarter
07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
The main lake here is still fine. It's the canals linking everything together that I am unable to access for now. If I still have my Donzi, I may bring it with a for sale sign on it for addiional exposure.
Dead River is OK, I went through the Dora Canal and hit 2 or 3 roots.
We've been getting a lot of rain. A friend told me they are lowering the lakes in advance of any hurricane activity this summer.

catch 22
07-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Gina & I will be there and so will my folks. One 22 and one Minx. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

onesubdrvr
07-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Gina & I will be there and so will my folks. One 22 and one Minx. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)
Jim,

I'm so glad we are going to get to see you guys there!! It's been too long!! It'll be good to see your dad again as well!

See Ya' There
Wayne

PS I'll have free hands to take pictures this time :wink: and with the turn out, looks like I may need an extra memory card for the camera!!

txtaz
07-20-2006, 07:19 AM
This is going to be awesome. Jennifer and I are really looking forward to it.

Da Taz

CIBERGuy
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
All, Catch brought this to my attention. I will try and join the get together. Look forward to meeting all of you.

gcarter
07-26-2006, 07:18 AM
C'mon Ciberguy!
Just get there with or without your boat, just bring food!:)

gcarter
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
After lunch Elaine and I went by Hickory Point and checked out the facilities.
Take a look at this;
http://www.lcwa.org/index.asp?page=39
If you look to the right and behind the pavillion, there is a picnic area next to the playground.
There are permanent pedistal mounted iron grills, we just need some people to volunteer to bring some charcoal and lighter fluid. There's also two very nice opensided roofed over verandas. One of these is where we held our last picnic there.
This is a phenominal facility, and extremely beautiful. It has a nice playground for the kids and a sandy swimming beach. I think I counted 12 ramps, and at least 30 slips. And best of all, it's free.
Please note the page of rules. Mainly, no glass and booze.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cuda
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd be hard press to pick a better spot for a meet, than Hickory Point. I'll be riding on the bow of Catch's 22.:bonk:

txtaz
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I'd be hard press to pick a better spot for a meet, than Hickory Point. I'll be riding on the bow of Catch's 22.:bonk:

I'll be riding in the passenger seat with a lasso on Cuda....YaaaaaHoooo:yes:

This is going to be great.

Da Taz

Cuda
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm hoping Deb's 22 will be done by then. I was going to stop by the shop yesterday, and today, but yesterday I had to meet Deb at the bank, and today I had to be home this evening to meet a UPS cod delivery. This work sh!t is really cutting into my boat time.:(

catch 22
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Glad to have ya Joe...............YOU WON'T BE SORRY:wink:

Cuda
07-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Glad to have ya Joe...............YOU WON'T BE SORRY:wink:
Jim, you know better than that. How are the seating arrangements in the Minx your dad will be driving? :)

Cuda
07-26-2006, 07:59 PM
If neither one of the of my Donzi's are running, I reckon I'll have to roost a couple of Donzi's. :)

gcarter
07-26-2006, 08:03 PM
There oughta be plenty of seats Joe.

onesubdrvr
07-26-2006, 08:19 PM
After lunch Elaine and I went by Hickory Point and checked out the facilities.
Take a look at this;
There are permanent pedistal mounted iron grills, we just need some people to volunteer to bring some charcoal and lighter fluid.

George, I plan on bringing BBQ Chicken and Pork and onion rolls same as last time, I can pick up a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid too, heck I'll even man the grill as I'm boatless, and primarily coming to spend time with friends

BUT JIM, I insist on a RIP around the lake :eek!: :) :yes:
And, like you and Elaine,

We're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Wayne

catch 22
07-27-2006, 06:14 PM
A RIP around the lake? ..............REST IN PEACE:yes: :wink: R I P

Cuda
07-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I stopped by the BH today and told him I needed to have it complete by next weekend. He said it shouldn't be a problem. It took five weeks to get the fuel tank.

I left there and went directly to the guy who's making my bottom rear seat. He hadn't started on it yet, but of course told me he was going to do it tomorrow.

pmreed
07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
I plan on being there; hope to have the Fishin Sucks family along. They'll be in Orlando that week for the The National Council of Corvette Clubs gathering. All depends on whether he can juggle all the balls he's got in the air.

Phil

txtaz
07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Should we freeze and bring some original TEXAS beef/chicken fajita meet for the BBQ? Ohhh and tortillas....

Da Taz

gcarter
07-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Should we freeze and bring some original TEXAS beef/chicken fajita meet for the BBQ? Ohhh and tortillas....
Da Taz
As long as ya bring some home made salsa ta go with it.:wink:

BUIZILLA
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
What exactly is the itinerary for the day.......

there is an outside chance I may be there as well

gcarter
07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
What exactly is the itinerary for the day.......
there is an outside chance I may be there as well
Jim, the itenerary is to come at about 11:00 on the 6th. Hang out, eat, boat, hang out, etc, etc......get to know the Taz's.
Lots of folks coming, it should be fun.
You could park your motorhome just down the street.

txtaz
07-30-2006, 08:02 PM
The roasted tomato hot sauce was made today...Look out Florida...:wink:

Da Taz's

FISHIN SUCKS
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
hope to have the Fishin Sucks family along. They'll be in Orlando that week for the The National Council of Corvette Clubs gathering. All depends on whether he can juggle all the balls he's got in the air.
Phil
Talked to Barbi and we will head down on Friday so that we can arrive Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to it if you haven't sold our seats on the 22.

What kind of stuff should we bring? We can hit a publix or a piggly wiggly (are those things still around:confused: ), we'd hate to come empty handed!

Well if there is room to park a motorhome, I am guessing there is room to park a pimp-wagon with corvette in tow....or do ya just park with the empty boat trailers?

gcarter
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome Tom;
There is both a Winn-Dixie (on US-441), and a Publix (on US-27) in Leesburg.
And a Wal-Mart a little North on US-441. Lots of choices.
We're looking forward to seeing you.
Oh yeah, lots of parking.

Cuda
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, I'm one step closer to having a boat by this weekend. I got the rear seat back finally.

BUIZILLA
08-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Cooter, what engine did you go with?

Cuda
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll still have the old 454/330, but I have a few irons in the fire. If not, I'm getting ready for a Cuda Racing Hp 454. :)

FISHIN SUCKS
08-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Welcome Tom;
There is both a Winn-Dixie (on US-441), and a Publix (on US-27) in Leesburg.
And a Wal-Mart a little North on US-441. Lots of choices.
We're looking forward to seeing you.
Oh yeah, lots of parking.
Thanx George, looking forward to meeting you and others and hooking up with our friend/passenger from AOTH, Phil. I grabbed the kids life jackets out of the Widow last Sunday, so we got that goin' for us! We will be staying for the week around the Buena Vista Palace area in Orlando and coming from that direction Sunday morning. As far as I know, our hotel room doesn't have a kitchen, so any food we bring (if you need any) is gonna be store bought:eek: Not tryin' to scare anybody, just bein' honest:yes: Or do you need beer or somethin'. If nobody knows, I'll just ask Phil:)

pmreed
08-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Tom,
Great to hear you all are coming. Consider your seats reserved. Talk to ya soon; gotta run.

Phil

gcarter
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Tom, Wayne is bringing pulled pork and chicken. Wes is bringing some fajita meat from San Antonio. We'll be warming up all this at the picnic area. We could always use some fried chicken...spicy Popeyes is good. Maybe someone could bring some Sonny's sliced pork or something. Some sides, chips, cold cuts, etc. Sorry, no beer allowed in the park. No glass either.

catch 22
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
George, Gina and I will bring all the plates,napkins,forks,knives,spoons, and cups. Is anybody bringing BEER? Oh that's right George said NO BEER.:biggrin.: :biggrin.: Just kidding George. :wink: I'll have my folks bring the beverages and Ice. Any particular kinds. If not we will just bring an asortment.

catch 22
08-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I'll still have the old 454/330, but I have a few irons in the fire. If not, I'm getting ready for a Cuda Racing Hp 454. :)
I think this post belongs in the Performance section. :) It really dosen't look like Mercury HP Blue it looks more like FORD blue.:wink:

Cuda
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
George, Gina and I will bring all the plates,napkins,forks,knives,spoons, and cups. Is anybody bringing BEER? Oh that's right George said NO BEER.:biggrin.: :biggrin.: Just kidding George. :wink: I'll have my folks bring the beverages and Ice. Any particular kinds. If not we will just bring an asortment.
Hey, you stole that idea from me from the last time!:bonk: :wink: :pizza:

Cuda
08-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I think this post belongs in the Performance section. :) It really dosen't look like Mercury HP Blue it looks more like FORD blue.:wink:
I think it looks dead on for Merc Blue, although I was a Ford man when tearing up cars in my youth. :)

FISHIN SUCKS
08-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Sorry, no beer allowed in the park. No glass either.
No problem, I'd hate to be known as the yankee (even though I am a native Floridian) that got us all kicked out of the park! This will give me a chance to dry out anyway! I'll talk to Barbi and give her the options on what to bring. Don't be afraid to be specific (anybody), you want Popeyes, we'll get Popeyes, you want deli stuff, we'll get deli stuff:biggrin.: :yes:

BUIZILLA
08-02-2006, 07:15 AM
raincoats??

Team Jefe
08-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Think positive Jimmy Ole' Boy. Turn right, turn right, turn right:wink: .... Besides no storm would mess with a Corvette AND Donzi event in the same week...it wouldn't dare:yes: .

gcarter
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
raincoats??
Ya know, the last time we did this (I think it was last August) there was a storm coming in your end of the state...we got a couple of showers..no biggie, everyone had a good time.

Cuda
08-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm not bringing a raincoat, maybe a Jimmy Hat or two. :)

catch 22
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
What the HELL is a Jimmy hat?:boggled:

catch 22
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Cuda, I was thinking about what a Jimmy Hat is....could it be a Bimini? :confused:

FISHIN SUCKS
08-02-2006, 07:21 PM
.... Besides no storm would mess with a Corvette AND Donzi event in the same week...it wouldn't dare:yes: .
Boy I hope you're right Jeff, my Hoosier race tires and rain don't get along so good:convertib :lightning How'ya been buddy?

Jimmy Hat be a condom, rubber, a helmet on the solider...:eek!: :yes:

Cuda
08-02-2006, 08:01 PM
:biggrin.:

Jimmy Hat be a condom, rubber, a helmet on the solider...:eek!: :yes:
Give that man a cigar! I came in the house tonight, and had a message on my phone to call Catch 22. Gina answered the phone, and asked me what a Jimmy Hat was. They had called Jim Sr and asked him, and they thought it must be a bimini top! :)

This picture is for Catch 22's edification.

catch 22
08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
LMAO............ I need to get out more.

Cuda
08-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Deb and I are still busting out laughing! Maybe I'll sing a song about a Jimmy Hat when I'm out getting my swerve on tonight!:wink:

need for speed
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Jimmy Hat ...heck i picked that one up in high school!

Cuda
08-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Jimmy Hat ...heck i picked that one up in high school!
You gotta understand, high school was 33 years ago for me. :( No such thing as a Jimmy Hat. :(

FISHIN SUCKS
08-03-2006, 07:15 AM
This is a classic and can help improve your hood terminology. Pay close attention to the very end, you will find your 'jimmy hat' at www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/ghettodelta.html or if you have troubles with that, go to Google and type in Ghetto Delta. Let it load and watch.

Team Jefe
08-03-2006, 07:25 AM
....my Hoosier race tires ......

How'ya been buddy?

WARNING< WARNING< WARNING...This thread is about to be Highjacked...please exercise extreme caution.

I'm doing great Tom....new job (third on this year) is working out well so far, the Patch is Booming again and Houston is a fun place to be, I've already been offered two more jobs...its like a feeding frenzy, companies are desperate for people....just the opposite of the Bust in the Mid 80's...but I think I'll stay put here for awhile.

I do have one question....Is it a law that Indiana Hot rods have HOOISER tires on them?:wink:

OK Folks, Show's over...move along now, move along, nothing to see here.

pmreed
08-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I'll be bringing about a gallon or two of my world famous potato salad. And, as I thought, once "Chris" found out my generator was up and running, he headed south.:)

Phil

onesubdrvr
08-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Man am I glad that darn hurricane went south, this will likely be my only boating event this year :( and I'd hate to miss it.

On another note, I have been fortunate enough to enjoy the company of other Donzi owners for the occasional lunches lately, which kind of makes up for it until I get my boat done,....

YOU KNOW, THE BOAT THAT (as far as my wife is concerned) DOESN'T EXIST! Well, maybe I just don't understand the hole in the ocean into which you throw money expression :wink:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, the chicken and pork will be cooking tomorrow morning!!

How much charcoal do we need? I won't need any for the pork / chicken, but I don't know who else is bringing what / etc.

See y'all later
Wayne

txtaz
08-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Wayne, I'm bringing 5 lbs of Texas beef fajitas. I guess a bag of charcoal should be enough.

Da Taz<<--Heading east tomorrow

Cuda
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
The boat is supposed to be done tomorrow by 1 pm. Instead of potato salad, I'm bringing a boat. :)

onesubdrvr
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Grub's a cookin

4.4 lbs Pork Sholder
5 lbs Chicken

LOTS of BBQ Sauce

MMM mmm Good (I Hope :crossfing )

See Y'all tomorrow

Cuda
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Locked and loaded. My wallet is much lighter too. :(

onesubdrvr
08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
AWESOME Joe!!

Well, atleast the food is free :wink:

Wayne

Cuda
08-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Now it looks like Kyle has the measels or chicken pox or something. Debbie's on the phone now with a nurse or someone from the cottage he stays at now. :(

gcarter
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Wes and Jennifer are safely at the house after picking them up at the airport in Tampa.:yes:
See y'all in the morning!!

BUIZILLA
08-06-2006, 06:39 AM
we'll alert the media.......

film at 11

:anchor:

Cuda
08-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Kyle doen't look any worse, so they are coming too. Debbie's bringing her truck anyway, because she has to take Kyle back to St Pete today. If he looks worse for wear, she'll just leave from there back to SP.

Boat loaded, truck loaded, dogs walked and fed. I'm just waiting for the princess to get her act together. Business as usual.

Budmann
08-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Boat looks GREAT Cuda!!!! Hope all have fun this weekend!

Sorry we couldn't make it. Just got my daughter back to Florida for good and had to jump thru allot of hoops for school.

Bud

Budmann
08-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks Scott... I have waited 7 years to be a full time Daddy and I'm NEVER going to let her go out of State again!!!

Bud

onesubdrvr
08-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks Scott... I have waited 7 years to be a full time Daddy and I'm NEVER going to let her go out of State again!!!
Bud
Bud,

After going through something similiar with my 2 oldest, I offer my sincerest congratulations, GREAT to hear!!

Wayne

Budmann
08-06-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks Wayne.... nothin like being a Daddy!!!!

onesubdrvr
08-06-2006, 09:09 PM
First of all,

I must say, I regret not being able to spend more time with everyone, unfortunately, with school starting tomorrow, I had to get the tribe back early.

Brandon - we need to get together on our projects, I'll shoot you some pictures of mine, send me some of yours please!

Mark - I'm hoping to make Sarasota, and hope we get a chance SOON to talk more about the SEADOG site, and shirts / etc.

Catch 22 - I REALLY appreciate the ride, hope we can meet up down in our neck of the woods again sometime.

Wes - Great to meet you, and tell Jen that I hope she enjoyed my sons company as much as he enjoyed hers. I really was hoping to talk more with you.

EVERYONE - I REALLY REALLY wish I had more time today

I'm so sorry I had to run out without saying proper good byes to everyone, my wife and kids really enjoyed themselves, and maybe next time, I can talk her into getting a couple of hotel rooms so that we can hang out longer. Thanks everyone for you hospitatility, and I look forward to getting together again soon.

For my complete run-down, check out http://southeastdonzi.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=39#39

As well as some pictures http://southeastdonzi.net/photos.html.

Wayne

txtaz
08-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Wayne, Jenn and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and had a great time. Jims boat is FAST. I've gotta get me one of those....LOL

I think next year we will make it earlier or later in the year. :yes:

It was a nice time for us. Thanks everyone.

The Taz's

Last Tango
08-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Taz,
Your visit was a very good thing for all of us SEADOGs (you DO realize that by virture of simply attending a SEADOG event you are now OFFICIAL). We have had difficulty "mobilizing" for midsummer events over the past few years, due to a variety of reasons. This past weekend was a very big success. The picnic was an excellent idea and the park was absolutely perfect for this kind of event.
Donzi Quixote came to boat, and that we did. We scarfed down our lunch and hit the water as quickly as we could (Aye Candy had brought special food my weight loss diet). We did a full lap of Little Lake Harris, Big Lake Harris, motored through Dead River to Lake Eustis where we ran all the way down to the Crazy Gator and then back up to the Dora Canal. Yep, we gave Donzi Quixote it's first run through the canal. We got to the SR19 bridge over the canal just as the skies opened up with liquid sunshine so we parked under the shelter of the concrete highway overpass with two other boats, until it passed. Then we continued on into Lake Dora and ran down to Mt. Dora for a low pass. The skies were darkening again, so we headed back across Lake Dora, through the canal in to Lake Eustis, to Dead River, to Big Lake Harris, and back to the park. Nobody there when we got back at about 4:00pm, so we loaded up and headed home. Totally escaped any rain.
We were amazed at the awesome facility for boaters there. We plan to do a LOT more boating from that location. We thought it would be a lot better place to start from than the ramps at Lake Beauclerc (Trimble Park) when doing the Wooden Boat show next Spring, in Mt. Dora.

Cuda
08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I agree you'd be hard pressed to find a better location for a get together. Plenty of ramps, tons of parking, tons of dockage, and centrally located for Floridians. We ran the Toys for Tots run out of there the last two years, and there were at least 70 boats there. The weather is a might cooler then. :)

Last Tango
08-07-2006, 07:46 PM
My friend Bob sent me this interesting link. A little after-the-fact but great for future reference.
http://www.lakegovernment.com/boating/hickory_point.aspx

gcarter
08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I propose that next March for the Mt Dora event that we do another picnic from there.
The last two years we tried to go up the Ocklawaha River to the Sillver River but we had problems from storm damage from trees and this year, low water.
So maybe a event here on Friday would be more successful.