PDA

View Full Version : Need A Windshield Source!! 22zx 1999

DJ13
06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Hello all, this board is my last hope to try and source a smoke-plexi windshield for my 1999 22ZX. I contacted Donzi and they are "working on it" but the pieces are hand made and I have to buy both sides (sounds spendy), not just the one that I need (passenger side). Mine got broken this weekend and I hate having a partial, broken, jagged piece of plexiglass waiting for someone to break further or cut themselves on. If anyone knows where I might source one it would be a HUGE help! Thanks in advance!!:crossfing

EricG
06-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey Dave,

This may sound rediculous, but how about Tap Plastics? They advertise all over KJR about being able to make anything...might be worth a shot?

-EG

DJ13
06-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Eric, I'll keep them in mind. Turns out I found a post from 2001, by Bryan Turvall, stating he has a passenger side windshield for a 1999, 22ZX. Unbelievable! Talked to him yesterday and it's shipping on Saturday. I had lost hope and thought i'd be looking at paying some ridiculous fee because: 1) they are hand made, 2) They are out of production and, 3) I would have to buy both sides. This little miracle was totally unforseen. This board has become invaluable as a resource for parts and advice!!:yes:

EricG
06-30-2006, 04:37 PM
That's awesome...but truly an AMAZING coincidence. Next time we meet up, I can't wait to hear the story of how it broke :bonk:

EG