PDA

View Full Version : Lower the Engine? - Exhaust woes...

Injun Joe
06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Can I lower the port side of the engine 3/4" to gain exhaust to hatch clearance? My new Revolution Marine manifold risers hit on the port side only... Is the engine mounted solid to the drive housing or is there some flexability to it? Boat is a '96 Blackhawk 22.

-CH

mrfixxall
06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Can I lower the port side of the engine 3/4" to gain exhaust to hatch clearance? My new Revolution Marine manifold risers hit on the port side only... Is the engine mounted solid to the drive housing or is there some flexability to it? Boat is a '96 Blackhawk 22.
-CH
No due to you will throw your drive to coupler aleignment off...heres a option you may be able to raise the deck on the boat by removing the wisky bump rail and removing the screws that hopld the top deck and hull together and re drilling the holes after you raise the deck....

Injun Joe
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
As the engine sits (relative to the deck,) it is high on the port side about 3/4 inch. I was going to raise the starboard 3/8 and drop the port 3/8 and adjust the deck lid a bit higher to gain the clearance I need.

-CH