PDA

View Full Version : '87 Z21 Boat Cover

DTM
06-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I am looking for a full cover for an ’87 Z21. I am going to putting it in the water (full time) and need a waterproof, full cover (want to protect it as much as possible).

Ordered one from West Marine that was suppose to fit but it was too small. Can’t find one listed anywhere. Looks like I will have to have a custom one made. Does anyone else have any ideas….

Donzigo
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
You might want to throw me a call and I can explain what you need to do to get boat cover form your Donzi Z-21.

You need to have someone make you a custom cover. Send me your email address and I will send you a picture of what it should look like. It should be made out of SUNBRELLA material, Glen Ravens Mills. It will cost about $700, will last you for 10 years and will have to be re-stiched every three for $75. Any good canvas guy can do it. ONLY SUNBRELLA, why,because it lets the water dry through the material and will not mil-do your boat like the others.

Richard Aaron
727-867-7020

Donzigo
06-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Go to some other threads and you will see other folk's covers.

Here are mine.

Greg
06-28-2006, 08:22 AM
I bought one from Overton's a couple of years ago. When my upolstery guy looked at it he said, "Yeah it'll be a good filter." He was right. If your boat stays outside all the time, I would go for a good custom cover. That is the route I will be going next time.