PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line from tank question

Cuda
06-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm going to replace the copper fuel line from the tank. Should I go to a bigger line in case I replace the engine with one that might burn a little more fuel?

BigGrizzly
06-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I would, but don't forget the fuel pickup in the tank. If the pickup doesn't have enough volume it doesn't matter how big the fuel line is. All my lines are 1/2 inch

Cuda
06-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks Griz, is there a part number, or where I can look for the bigger pickup?

Cuda
06-24-2006, 09:26 PM
If you are not replacing the tank, your stuck with whats in there... If your having a tank made, haven em put a 1/2" pickup in it... Might be overkill now, but ya never know :)
They are making the tank, I've got a couple weeks before it's ready. Should I tell them to put in a bigger pickup too?

BigGrizzly
06-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Cuda My tank bung was big enough. So I tapped it out to 3/4" and maqde one out of 1/2 tube and put in the tank. The dept measurement was the hardest part Cut it than measure theougk the fuel guage hole and keep doing it unrill correct. Have the tank guy do it if possible. I had to do it this way because everything was instaled and I was afraid the engine would starve and didn't want to deal with another problem.