PDA

View Full Version : shift cable?

glashole
06-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Is the shift cable for a blackhawk drive the same as a bravo 1 or is it something special

is this a tough job to change??

LKSD
06-24-2006, 01:20 AM
It should be the same as a bravo. You can get one from our site www.LakesideRestorations.com Jamie :)

glashole
06-24-2006, 07:27 AM
took it all apart and its more than the shift cable

I believe it may be in the gears :mad:

thanks though

Shea

LKSD
06-24-2006, 07:32 AM
took it all apart and its more than the shift cable
I believe it may be in the gears :mad:
thanks though
Shea

No problem, sorry to hear it's a gear failure....... J :)

MOP
06-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Shea get hold od Mr Poodle he knows a good Blackhawk man, as long as the case has not been harmed it can be rebuilt maybe in time for 1K.

Phil

Add on: Woodsey may still have the HD gears for it.

glashole
07-24-2006, 07:37 AM
is the shift cable difficult to change?

MOP
07-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Shea have you determined that the drive is in fact OK? As to the shift cable, let a dealer change it along with the shift cable bellows & drive bellows, he has the savy and can do the cable adjustments properly. For a few extra bucks you will have peace of mind!

Phil

Mr X
07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
??.......I thought you said you took the drive apart and the cone clutch
rings were welded together????
Am I missing something?

glashole
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM
they were all welded together etc..

there were a set of gears in Toronto Mercury that i picked up to speed the process up and have the boat for the weekend ( still need another set of gears for my spare drive that I am looking into the ratio of)

got it all done

drive rebuilt etc and it is super smooth now

however the shift cable was stretched and he replaced just the inside cable leaving the existing outside of the cable.

It doesn't seem to work and i have to take it back to him to replace the entire cable

he seems to think this is quite the process 4-5 hours ( which from what I understand is) I was just curious if it is harder on a blackhawk compared to a regular bravo