PDA

View Full Version : Registration numbers...

Tony
06-22-2006, 10:31 PM
A while back someone talked about, and ordered, registration numbers to match their main DONZI stickers...silver w/ black outline. So I'm wondering, how does it look? Got any pictures?

It's either that or plain old white, which will probably look o.k. since my boat has red hullsides and of course a white deck.

:beer:

p729lws
06-22-2006, 11:07 PM
try this link http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44433

Here's a shot of mine. Could have turned out better, but they don't look too bad.

Dan

Pismo
06-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Mirror with black outline from edecals.com

Pismo
06-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Bigger pix

Schnook
06-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Try www.graphxonline.com.

Barry Eller
06-23-2006, 08:06 AM
A while back someone talked about, and ordered, registration numbers to match their main DONZI stickers...silver w/ black outline. So I'm wondering, how does it look? Got any pictures?

It's either that or plain old white, which will probably look o.k. since my boat has red hullsides and of course a white deck.

I had my registration numbers and boat name made like that.

Scott Pearson
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Tony
I can make them for you.

Tony
06-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replies and suggestions of where to have them made. I've got a guy nearby that will do them for me, but that's not really my main problem. I guess I just haven't decided yet whether to go the matching route or not. Part of me thinks to keep it simple, basic white and as small (thin) as possible. Kind of the "less obtrusive" train of thought. But another part of me thinks it may be cool to go matching.

Well, since I'm only about 10% done with sanding the hullsides I guess I've got some time to ponder the dilemma!

Barry Eller
06-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Tony, just make sure your registration numbers are legal for your State. Check with your tax/tag office to get the proper dimensions. Contrasting with the hull sides is very important. My original reg.numbers were yellow when I bought the boat. They matched great. Only problem was they were illegal in Florida. They have to be at least 3" high and the spaces between the FL and the suffix numbers are to be equal to 1 letter/number. I was stopped by the Marine Patrol on a routine safety check and was lucky to get away with a warning. Our Donzis draw attention and I try not to give the MP or CG a reason to stop me.