PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tab indicator?22 classic

Schaf
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I would like to install a trim tab indicator on my 04 22 classic. Are there any 22 classic owners that have an indicator out there and if so what type do you suggest I get. Thanks

Ed Donnelly
06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Check out Stainless Marine..They will have what you need....Ed

LKSD
06-23-2006, 07:42 AM
I would like to install a trim tab indicator on my 04 22 classic. Are there any 22 classic owners that have an indicator out there and if so what type do you suggest I get. Thanks

I was going to install one in my 06, but with the monster gauges in it woulndt look or fit right. So I opted to not put it in. If I do install one I will probably use an Eddie stand up indicatior & mount it on the top of the dash in front of the helm. They look like 2 fingers or towers that raise & lower. Stainless does have some good stuff too like Ed mentioned. It will come down to what you like & what you will get to fit the dash.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Dr. Dan
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM

:smash: I have the original Bennett Indicators...and up until the last few seasons...have had no issues... this year the right side is all but impossible to read.... I will be replacing it with the newest version ... I have never had any issues with my Tabs... and Bennett has been unbelieveable in service if I needed anything?

There are some really Trick Set Ups available now!

Good Luck...

Doc :cool:

slapshot11
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Doc,
I just had the Bennett Trim Indicator (TPI2000) installed. I could have shown it to you last weekend at the Dust Off. It worked fine and proved to be very helpful. Only problem is that it's difficult to read with sunglasses on.
Norm

http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/0294.asp

BigGrizzly
06-23-2006, 06:59 PM
I use Staninles Marine they were the inovators of the manual type and the stand up type. tTey also have the best cable in the business. I go wth the best and throw away the rest. The quality of Stainlessw is better and backed by people who designed the stuff not just som distributor selling it. Manual guages always read true.

Schaf
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Does anyone have a photo of how they mounted the indicator?