PDA

View Full Version : chicago donzi group

martino55
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
is there a local donzi group in the chicago area?

Dr. Dan
06-22-2006, 07:55 PM
:smash: No...there isn't....some one is bound to chime in about the MidWest Group... but the fact is there are alot of Owners in your area! To name a few...Don Carone' , Lee (bought my engine), many others ... check out the Registry of names... look at the locations and start a group...

Alot of the people in that area do roll down to lake Cumberland and the Ohio area also... so they are gonna be listed on the Midwest Site also... no rules that says ya can't belong to multiple Groups, Clubs and Organized Kennel Clubs?

Good Luck!

Doc :smash:
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

FUELPOWERED
06-22-2006, 10:39 PM
What size is your boat?
It seems a lot in the chicago area are big water boats.
The little ones seem to be quite rare in these parts.

martino55
06-22-2006, 11:02 PM
The fact is ,I don't have a Donzi ..... yet! I currently own an 18' larson. While searching for a boat last year I stopped by a local boatyard and under a cover in the last storage bldg was you guessed it! I now believe it was a 22' classic and it was if I remember correctly a 1988.I didn't have a clue as to what I was looking at ! I left and the sight of that boat has ( for lack of a better word) haunted me ever since. It was like a vision. I am sick about it now that I have an understanding of what I was gazeing at with my jaw hanging .I called back and the boat has since been sold. I don't know how to explane it but I can't stop until I have one, period. I've got it bad and I feel like there's none in my area to at least look at ...or should I say lust at!

mike

FUELPOWERED
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Start lusting.

olredalert
06-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Martino,

-------I sold my 1992 22 to my pal Bob Sindelar from St. Charles. He has three or four collector cars but all he talks to me about anymore is DONZIs. He has a fairly heavy work schedule and I dont think he gets on the sight much but many of the guys here will remember him from Sarasota. I think hes been going up to Lake Geneva when ever he gets the chance........Bill S

Tony
06-24-2006, 08:59 PM
"Trueser" is from Chicago and has two Donzis. Make him an offer he can't refuse and he just might sell you his 22' Classic!

:beer: