PDA

View Full Version : NJ: Courtesy Boating Advisory

SHARKEYMARINE
06-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Courtesy Boating Advisory
for
June 24th & 25th 2006

I would just like to give everyone a courtesy boating advisory for the weekend of June 24th and 25th.
I am reaching out to the entire boating community from Manasquan Inlet to Atlantic City Inlet.
Be advised there will be 2 Power Boating events this weekend where the ocean, 3 inlets and the ICW will be involved.

Poker Run information:

1st event starts on Saturday June 24th. It will be a Poker Run leaving out of Toms River and heading south to Atlantic City for an overnight stay.
The Poker Run is expected to leave Toms River around 11:30 am.
It will proceed to its 1st card stop off of Forked River. At that point, the boats will be divided where some will head for Barnegat Inlet to run the Ocean and others to proceed south on the ICW. The Inside group will be venturing west to the Mullica River as well before heading on to Atlantic City.
The approximate times to reach Barnegat Inlet will be between 12:00 Noon and 12:30 PM. I know this channel to the Inlet can be tight, and to avoid any incidents, I am offering you this information in advance to allow you an opportunity to avoid the area for that short period of time.
Last year I understand the Coast Guard also issued an advisory just prior to our arrival. So stay tuned to VHF that day in case they do so again.

Offshore Powerboat Race:

Sunday June 25th. There will be the Annual Offshore Power Boat Race off of Point Pleasant Beach.
One thing that won’t be decided until Saturday night is the number of races. They can run all the boats at once or half the boats at noon and the other half at 1:30. If they have two races, there’s a delay as the helicopters need to refuel between races. It depends upon the number of entries and the sea conditions. If it’s rough, they can’t ask volunteer boats to say out too long in bad conditions.
11:00am – All Turn, Sweep, Dive, Medic and Rescue boats in position
11:00am –Race boats leave the pit area
11:30am – Race boats come through Inlet – Off plane parade of boats. It’s too busy to close the inlet on a weekend.
11:45am Racers’ salute to the flag with National Anthem in front of Jenkinson's
12:00pm – Start of 2006 AMF – Jersey Boyz Offshore Grand Prix Jenkinson’s Pavilion, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
1:30pm – Possible second race Start
1:30pm – Winner’s Circle, Wharfside Patio bar, channel Drive, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
I hope all of this information is a help to all of you in some way.
Sincerely,
Sharkey of www.SharkeyMarine.com

TuxedoPk
06-21-2006, 11:26 PM
FYI- I've made the trip from Toms River out Barnegat Inlet with ocean runs to Atlantic City and Jersey City three times this season. This area is SHALLOW and the buoys seem to move a bit so pay extra care on your way out.

Definately worth looking at a chart and tide table for the big picture but pay attention to the color of the water more than the position of the buoys. It's a pretty area with lots of birds standing around on the sand barges that you'll want to be avoiding.

SHARKEYMARINE
06-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Thank you...

TuxedoPk
06-22-2006, 12:13 PM
He tux glad you are using the GT finally how did the v drive like the ocean ???
Those trips were by sail. The GTs running but the trailer needs work. I'd love to see how the GT performs in the ocean- So far I've only run in at Cumberland and in the Hudson.

SHARKEYMARINE
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Sharkey,
are those the only races in Pt pleasant this year???

Yes, the only one...