PDA

View Full Version : New Restoration 23' Ragazza

detigger79
06-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I purchased my 89' Ragazza last year from someone who was in some serious money trouble. I thought it would be a good restoration project. It was in pretty bad shape burned up impeller (melted actually) which of course blew the engine. So I've started from scratch. Here some pictures of what has been done so far. As the money comes in the parts are ordered and the money goes out. It's a new 350 Engine thats in the process of being assembled.

Deppo
06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
She's looking good so far. I was wondering if you found any problems with the stringers. I have an 89 Ragazza 19' and haven't found any problems with mine. I have heard late 80's and early 90's had a problem with that. Keep up the good work.

detigger79
06-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Haven't had any trouble out of it so far. I have heard that if the shift cable is not adjusted properly it will eat gears. BUt haven't had much experience with it yet.

mikev
07-04-2006, 10:46 AM
my regazza is an 88 19' and i love it great boat no rot accept for the floor over the gas tank was a little soft when i got it but a a sheet of presure treated plywood cured that for less than $50.00.

detigger79
09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Getting closer to firing up the new engine in my Regazza. Dropped in the engine over Labor day weekend. I had the local repair shop (Livingston Sportmans Center) replace all of the seals in the stern drive, gimbal bearing and shift cable. Stern drive is being aligned and attached today. Should have the Engine running by the end of the weekend. It might actually see water this summer.....I have plenty of time septemeber 23rd right. I posted some pic of the engine in the boat. Don't have my CP preformance exhuast on it yet.