PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust tips & Mufflers

Kirbyvv
06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm upgrading my exhaust on the X and will be switching from 3" to 4" exhaust outlet. My buddies at Performance Marine tell me I'll need mufflers to keep the Lake Police at bay. I like the look of the angled tips and am thinking I'd like slide in mufflers so I can remove them. Anyone have any ideas on what would look and work best on a stock sbc motor and an X-18.

mrfixxall
06-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I bought 4x9 from eddie marine..heres two pics so you can determine what they look like on the x..I dont use mufflers and my engine is far from stock tho..

Greg
06-21-2006, 07:45 AM
I also switched from 3" to 4" and got the angle cut tips and slip in mufflers from Eddie Marine. I got the shorter ones and the slip ins fit fine. Try them first, mine were a little to restrictive so I had a welder friend cut a small hole in the center. Look good sound good.

Kirbyvv
06-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Greg, when you sat too restrictive was that in performance or just too quite? I don't want to restict performance and only want to quiet it down enough to avoid tickets, (and I'd really like to be able to remove the mufflers when the lake police aren't around or I'm visiting somewhere with no noise restrictions)

Greg
06-22-2006, 07:37 AM
It was just too quiet. I have silent choice so when I am exiting above the waterline I like to hear the engine a little bit. He only made a small hole 3/4 to 1" diam. I figured if it caused some problems I could just thru bolt a couple of big washers and be back to original. Still, it takes the bark out. On Lk. Geneva we are at 86db. So far (keeping my fingers crossed) I have been O:K. Now that I have said that I will probubly have some trouble tomorrow. Its a good system though.