PDA

View Full Version : Looking for picture of Donzi Classic

Kilgore
06-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Last year I found a picture of a Donzi classic that was in the water but parked in some sand. The bow was facing the ocean as it was a rear shot and the boat was either white/red or white/yellow. Can some one help me find this picture?

boldts
06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a picture from the Sunday cookout on the beach from the Owners Rally in Sarasota, FL. Not sure if those pictures are available yet here due to the switch to a new server for the website. You may also want to look up the Atlantic Coast Donzi Owners Association website. Brad Verd attends many of the gatherings and posts pictures from the events on this website.

Might also be a Virginia Beach gathering. Kind of hard to say, but most of the beach pictures are going to be from FL I would think.

http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com/

EricG
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
but most of the beach pictures are going to be from FL I would think.
http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com/

What do you mean...look at this beautiful sandy NW beach :wink:

Sorry to Hijack the thread...:lookaroun

EG

BigGrizzly
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice but that is not a classic but a Formula JR. in that picture Erric

EricG
06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Nice but that is not a classic but a Formula JR. in that picture Erric

I knew it wasn't the pic he was looking for, I know Formula Jr's Jr, very well...I was just having a little fun responding to Scott's - "only the Florida gathering's have beaches" comment... that's a pic from one of the NW beach gathering's...:wink:

EG

p729lws
06-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Last year I found a picture of a Donzi classic that was in the water but parked in some sand. The bow was facing the ocean as it was a rear shot and the boat was either white/red or white/yellow. Can some one help me find this picture?

This isn't the shot you're looking for but it has a couple Donzi classics that are in the water but parked in some sand with the bow facing the ocean with a rear shot and the boats are white/red and white/yellow. Hope this helps:cool!:

RedDog
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
This isn't the shot you're looking for but it has a couple Donzi classics that are in the water but parked in some sand with the bow facing the ocean with a rear shot and the boats are white/red and white/yellow. Hope this helps:cool!:
Interesting picture for another reason. Why is the boat with the OMC drive sitting so much higher in the water than the one with the Merc drive. Does the OMC have a small block?

Digger
06-21-2006, 06:09 AM
wind is catching under the bimini and holding it up

p729lws
06-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Interesting picture for another reason. Why is the boat with the OMC drive sitting so much higher in the water than the one with the Merc drive. Does the OMC have a small block?

Both are big blocks but there is more beer in the red boat:wink:

What's the weight difference between a Bravo and a King Cobra? The red boat also has twin external steering rams.

Dan

Barry Eller
06-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Both are big blocks but there is more beer in the red boat:wink:
What's the weight difference between a Bravo and a King Cobra? The red boat also has twin external steering rams.
Dan
My boat, the yellow, has a 502, bigger holes in the block, less weight!!!
No, really I have my drive down in the sand to hold the boat on the beach. I don't do that if there is any wave action, bad on the drive. Dan's boat has a shorty drive, he can't reach the bottom, and he is pulled up on the beach further which makes the stern sit lower. The King Cobra drive is a lot heavier than Dan's Bravo/IMCO shorty, but I don't know the total drive weight.

Ya'll can say anything you want about my Bimini top. I live in Florida!!! Shade is good when you are out all day, the top is SS frames and thru bolted. I have run over 70 MPH with it up.